Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

The interesting thing is the disjunction between the views of the British people and the actions of the government that is supposed to represent them. Why is the UK government significantly more pro-Zionist than the people? That is one very interesting question.
Is it? Why do you think it's an interesting question? How do you answer it?

Yes, the anger at what Israel is doing that you find on Al-Jazeera is totally missing from the likes of The Guardian, who have always been worse than useless of course. See also their equivocation over the Iraq War.

And also their full-throated endorsement of the "Corbyn is an anti-semite" lie.

And again, what is your explanation for this phenomenon you identify?
I agree with Dwyer on this. It appears that the majority of people don't go along with the united front from the Tories and Labour over supporting Israel. The why is partly just that people aren't empty cyphers passively consuming the MSM. While I don't think the likes of the BBC or Guardian have been unbiased, they have been reporting the heavy bombing of civilians in Gaza. Most people don't need it to be explained to them why that is wrong.

I agree with Dwyer on this. It appears that the majority of people don't go along with the united front from the Tories and Labour over supporting Israel. The why is partly just that people aren't empty cyphers passively consuming the MSM. While I don't think the likes of the BBC or Guardian have been unbiased, they have been reporting the heavy bombing of civilians in Gaza. Most people don't need it to be explained to them why that is wrong.

That's not what he meant, he's talking about some 'MSM zionist agenda' stuff, as I'm sure he'll expand on shortly. Or squirm out of, we'll see. But I suspect agreeing with him could turn out to be a mistake.

BBC Northern Ireland (Stephen Nolan show) is an interesting listen these mornings, According to one caller there was a small rump of Israeli flag wavers shouting "death to Palestine" outside Belfast City Hall but so far Suella hasn't flown in and killed them yet.

Carlson's a more complex figure than you imagine. He's been consistently anti-Zionist, no matter who occupies the White House. And he often comes across as a radical Leftist these days. Can you imagine any other MSM figure broadcasting this:

You are just flat out taking the piss now.

Reactions: Ax^
Also, where is the need to send such a message? There's been hardy any western governments critical of Israel and they've been given carte blanche to go ahead in this apparent genocide. It's not just that Israel doesn't seem interested in their international reputation, but they seem to be actively encouraged in this apartheid madness. It's extraordinary that the murder of over 1000 Israelis is being overshadowed by further appalling events that are undoubted war crimes.

TBF I don't think they have deliberately given Israel carte blanche over going ahead with this madness; the way they are speaking gives one the strong impression that they haven't thought about the wider implications of it at all.

There was some evidence presented to the COVID enquiry last week that said the scientists on SAGE were frustrated by meetings with ministers because the politicians lacked the scientific knowledge to even ask relevant questions. The same phenomenon may well be taking place with almost all of them here.

BBC Northern Ireland (Stephen Nolan show) is an interesting listen these mornings, According to one caller there was a small rump of Israeli flag wavers shouting "death to Palestine" outside Belfast City Hall but so far Suella hasn't flown in and killed them yet.

That's almost certainly Loyalists reacting to Republican support for Palestine as opposed to actual support for Israel.

Carlson's a more complex figure than you imagine. He's been consistently anti-Zionist, no matter who occupies the White House. And he often comes across as a radical Leftist these days. Can you imagine any other MSM figure broadcasting this:

Oh my.

TBF I don't think they have deliberately given Israel carte blanche over going ahead with this madness; the way they are speaking gives one the strong impression that they haven't thought about the wider implications of it at all.

There was some evidence presented to the COVID enquiry last week that said the scientists on SAGE were frustrated by meetings with ministers because the politicians lacked the scientific knowledge to even ask relevant questions. The same phenomenon may well be taking place with almost all of them here.
For whatever reason, they refuse to publicly criticise Israel. It's a decision - we don't criticise Israel - and one that they've been performing intellectual summersaults to maintain. Starmer, etc, have made themselves look like idiots, but they are clearly prepared to come across as idiots rather than attempt public restraint on Israel.

Al-Jazeera made a list yesterday of the countries that have criticised Israel's attacks on Gaza. The absence of European voices from that list is striking - only Ireland and Norway.

Which countries have criticised Israeli attacks on Gaza?

For whatever reason, they refuse to publicly criticise Israel. It's a decision - we don't criticise Israel - and one that they've been performing intellectual summersaults to maintain. Starmer, etc, have made themselves look like idiots, but they are clearly prepared to come across as idiots rather than attempt public restraint on Israel.

Al-Jazeera made a list yesterday of the countries that have criticised Israel's attacks on Gaza. The absence of European voices from that list is striking - only Ireland and Norway.

Which countries have criticised Israeli attacks on Gaza?

All of BRICS 2, which seems to confirm that a new bloc is forming. Except China? Surely China should be there:

Whilst being on Fox News, which has the largest audience amongst the news channels in the US, thus very much part of MSM.

He's not on Fox news. They fired him, for taking the positions I've mentioned. This was very big news, strange that you missed it.

You post up more shit like this and you're gone, gone gone.

FYI: "Tucker Carlson and the danger of antisemitism"

https://archive.ph/bFtM1

Back
Top Bottom