Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

(ducks incoming)

Are you posting from a hide in the middle an RSPB reserve, and shouldn't the ducks be outgoing at this time of year.

As to the stuff that preceded that comment, it seems pretty much in line with much of what others members are posting. Your positioning yourself as an edgy contrarian outsider doesn't really work on this thread.

From 2017

As Riklet posts. This is official Hamas policy from 2017

Hamas has unveiled a new political programme softening its stance on Israel by accepting the idea of a Palestinian state in territories occupied by Israel in the six-day war of 1967.

The new document states the Islamist movement it is not seeking war with the Jewish people – only with Zionism that drives the occupation of Palestine.

The new document also insists that Hamas is a not a revolutionary force that seeks to intervene in other countries, a commitment that is likely to be welcomed by other states such as Egypt.

Responding today while speaking to Al Jazeera, the senior Hamas spokesperson Osama Hamdan said his group was not attacking civilians.

“You have to differentiate between settlers and civilians. Settlers attacked Palestinians … We hope that Amnesty has humility to send us more developed weapons to attack only the soldiers,” he said, per Al Jazeera.

Hamdan claimed that civilians living across towns near the Israeli border with Gaza, which has long hemmed in more than 2 million people, could also be considered settlers, comparable to the hundreds of thousands of Israeli settlers living across Palestinian territories in the West Bank.

“We are not targeting civilians on purpose. We have declared settlers are part of the occupation and part of the armed Israeli force. They are not civilians,” he said.”

They also managed to target Bedouin villages and kill and maim Bedouin. Perhaps they are the wrong sort of Palestinian or perhaps they were encouraging them to keep moving on like traditional Bedouin should do.

Last edited:
And Israeli intelligence is excellent ..usually.
It has been described as a highly organised attack .. on land sea and air. It's baffling that Israeli intelligence didn't have any info.
Only approach I could see would work would be everything arranged in tunnels out of radio / listening devices/ mobile traffic with no electronics nearby and massive amounts of disinformation/ distraction to counter any human intelligence. It really is astonishing something on this scale could build up.

Only approach I could see would work would be everything arranged in tunnels out of radio / listening devices/ mobile traffic with no electronics nearby and massive amounts of disinformation/ distraction to counter any human intelligence. It really is astonishing something on this scale could build up.
The armchair generals are on the march from the Ukrainian threads and sharing their strategic insights.

Ready to donate money to a charity helping Palestinian casualties. While Israeli victims and casualties of this conflict will have access to excellent medical facilities and treatment, Palestinians will not.
I donate to Medical Aid for Palestinians; I don't claim expertise but understand they are legit, in the sense that your donated cash goes where you want it to go, and not in admin costs / managers' salaries (and I'm not aware of any Oxfam style scandals). Islamic Relief may be a good bet too

The armchair generals are on the march from the Ukrainian threads and sharing their strategic insights.
I don't think I've posted much on the Ukrainian threads. Major General would probably be more fitting in any case.

Reactions: tim
I donate to Medical Aid for Palestinians; I don't claim expertise but understand they are legit, in the sense that your donated cash goes where you want it to go, and not in admin costs / managers' salaries (and I'm not aware of any Oxfam style scandals). Islamic Relief may be a good bet too

Yes, I think I've donated to MAP before, and would probably choose them again. 👍

It is actually. And the Palestinians I met in the open air prison camp called Gaza are entitled to an opinion too whether you like it or not.
In reality, they are entitled to one as long as they don't undermine policies or subvert the values of the vanguard party.

Zelensky drew parallels between Ukraine and Israel/ Palestine.
  • Volodymyr Zelenskiy has spoken about the situation in Israel, drawing parallels with the war in Ukraine by stating that “Israel’s right to self-defence is unquestionable”. He said his government had set up an operational headquarters to aid any Ukrainians in Israel. Officials have estimated that about 15,000 Ukrainian refugees have fled to Israel. While having sent tons of humanitarian aid, Netanyahu has consistently refused to supply weapons to Kyiv.

Yes, and sorry to break it to you but they're not you.

This reminds me though, I spent a couple of weeks in Cork city a few years back so I know all about Irish history and politics and all the troubles :thumbs:

We've had a few posters over the years who've spent 5 minutes in Gaza, and come back thinking they're Yasser fucking Arafat. In reality, all most have done is gone to seek experiences to bolster opinions that they already held, so have no more (or even less, due to extreme bias) insight than many of those who've observed from a distance.

Zelensky drew parallels between Ukraine and Israel/ Palestine.
  • Volodymyr Zelenskiy has spoken about the situation in Israel, drawing parallels with the war in Ukraine by stating that “Israel’s right to self-defence is unquestionable”. He said his government had set up an operational headquarters to aid any Ukrainians in Israel. Officials have estimated that about 15,000 Ukrainian refugees have fled to Israel. While having sent tons of humanitarian aid, Netanyahu has consistently refused to supply weapons to Kyiv.

Wow. Because Palestinians are going to invade and occupy Israel. I'm not saying he should have no sympathy for Israel, but seems a bit of a bizarre, one-sided take when he himself is in a David and Goliath situation. You'd think he'd get the Palestinian side at least a bit.

Wow. Because Palestinians are going to invade and occupy Israel. I'm not saying he should have no sympathy for Israel, but seems a bit of a bizarre, one-sided take when he himself is in a David and Goliath situation. You'd think he'd get the Palestinian side at least a bit.
Sad truth is the Palestinians don't have much to offer him unlike Israel.

They also managed to target Bedouin villages and kill and maim Bedouin. Perhaps they are the wrong sort of Palestinian or perhaps they were encouraging them to keep moving on like traditional Bedouin should do.
Don't a lot of Bedouin serve in the IDF?

Back
Top Bottom