Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

"To reiterate - the IDF had every opportunity to inform the world's media of any story that had become apparent as the military continue to clear up the kibbutz. The murder and beheading of 40 children was never mentioned to me or my team."

And another journalist, Oren Ziv, who works for independent news outlet 972 mag, was also present and given the opportunity to speak to "hundreds of soldiers on site".

In a post on X, he said of the baby claims: "During the tour we didn't see any evidence of this, and the army spokesperson or commanders also didn't mention any such incidents."

Baby beheading lies :hmm:

C4 news' Lindsay Hilsum appears currently to be reporting from inside Gaza which,if it is the case,seems courageous indeed.Anyway she seemed to suggest that the Israelis were using white phosphorus,a prohibited weapon,presumably with the intention of inflicting maximum pain.The same claim was made on Democracy Now by Barghouti of the PA.Barghouti seemed confident that the Israelis are now intent on ethnic cleansing.

C4 news' Lindsay Hilsum appears currently to be reporting from inside Gaza which,if it is the case,seems courageous indeed.Anyway she seemed to suggest that the Israelis were using white phosphorus,a prohibited weapon,presumably with the intention of inflicting maximum pain.The same claim was made on Democracy Now by Barghouti of the PA.Barghouti seemed confident that the Israelis are now intent on ethnic cleansing.
Presumably this stuff only affects Hammas members and supporters ?

Presumably this stuff only affects Hammas members and supporters ?
how could they possibly make that differentiation?Barghouti expects the West Bank Palestinians to be next.Maybe he is hysterical but he seems to have been at the top in the Pa for forty odd years so he might be expected to have some idea?

how could they possibly make that differentiation?Barghouti expects the West Bank Palestinians to be next.Maybe he is hysterical but he seems to have been at the top in the Pa for forty odd years so he might be expected to have some idea?
I’m the least likely person who is up to date on ethical modern warfare tbh but I remember our fellow NATO members from America specifically targeting only military targets in the Middle East .

She drew the short straw

Reactions: Ax^
More excellent (but distressing) reporting from channel 4 news tonight. What a consistently impressive programme.

I have to say, when Secunder Kermani interviewed Cleverly, and Cleverly mentioned dead children, I wish he'd asked, "and are more children going to die now?" But he'd probably have got a punch in the mush from the bolshy Israeli dude, so I can see why he didn't.

I have to say, when Secunder Kermani interviewed Cleverly, and Cleverly mentioned dead children, I wish he'd asked, "and are more children going to die now?" But he'd probably have got a punch in the mush from the bolshy Israeli dude, so I can see why he didn't.

Yeah, I'm sure ask too many of the wrong sort of questions and you'd be barred. Again, I totally condemn Hamas' violence on Saturday, but there's a huge degree of stage management by Israel.

I’m the least likely person who is up to date on ethical modern warfare tbh but I remember our fellow NATO members from America specifically targeting only military targets in the Middle East .
I remember journalists at a press conference during the 1991 war with Iraq laughing at a video of a bomb heading towards a bridge with a lorry on it.
The comment that provoked their chuckles was something along the lines "the lorry driver sees the aircraft, and accelerates".

Has anyone noticed the use of fatality statistics by our media? I may have misunderstood summat here, so feel free to correct me. Israel says 1,200 of its citizens have been killed so far. Gazans claim up to 1,000 killed by air strikes. Yet Israel also claims 1,500 Hamas fighters have been killed. Is this right? If so the asymmetry seems quite large so early on in this conflict.

The Republic of Egypt ought to open the Rafah crossing to the people of the Gaza Strip, send in relief supplies, and mobilise the Egyptian armed forces to protect supplies going in, and people leaving.

The Republic of Egypt ought to open the Rafah crossing to the people of the Gaza Strip, send in relief supplies, and mobilise the Egyptian armed forces to protect supplies going in, and people leaving.
The US proposal is that all western passport holders plus 2,000 Palestinians should be allowed to leave. Presumably some sort of fun lottery is being organised.

This has always been part of the tragedy of the Palestinians. The Egyptian authorities, Jordanian authorities, etc, don't give a fuck about them either.

Ahmadinejad vowed to wipe Israel off the map. If we believe that Iran's influence is behind Hamas' current flourish of confidence, we're at the viewing platform for one hell of a real time historical event.
You can tell a lot about someone by how much they’ll deny Iran’s involvement (read: instigation) here.

Back
Top Bottom