Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

But she's obviously lying about the reasons people are getting out onto the streets.
But she's not lying (or indeed talking - an actual real life criticism you could have made) about the reasons why the rallies are happening, she's condemning the behaviour of some of the people at the rallies. And of course some of the people at those rallies will be bloodthisty arseholes/anti-Semites - part of the fuckup in Palestine solidarity over recent years has been indulging these people. I mean ffs Corbyn is bright enough to note that "the horrific attacks on civilians in Israel were deplorable" while condemning Israel's response, are you really less capable than that?

I guess Arabs should be grateful to Western politicians and intellectuals for their criticism of Israel.
Perhaps they should be grateful to you for whatever this has been.

But she's not lying (or indeed talking - an actual real life criticism you could have made) about the reasons why the rallies are happening, she's condemning the behaviour of some of the people at the rallies. And of course some of the people at those rallies will be bloodthisty arseholes/anti-Semites - part of the fuckup in Palestine solidarity over recent years has been indulging these people.

Maybe you're right but the Guardian report she condemned the rally. I don't actually care enough to find out if the Guardian are misreporting, I don't even follow American politics.

It all depends if you use Spymaster’s definition of “justification”. If you apply the same standard of “justify” that he is using to lambast others, it is fair to say that he justified the war crime. (On the other hand, if you use my definition, very few people on this thread have justified anything, including almost all of those that Spymaster has fingered as doing so).
I can't remember him justifying any war crime. Could you clarify?

Maybe you're right but the Guardian report she condemned the rally. I don't actually care enough to find out if the Guardian are misreporting, I don't even follow American politics.
This seems to be her words.

“The bigotry and callousness expressed in Times Square on Sunday were unacceptable and harmful in this devastating moment,"

Up to you to decide if she means the rally as a whole or just some people there.

I've generally given Palestine demos a swerve as I never much fancy a punch up with some anti-semitic cunt (at least, not at my age with my dodgy health). Out of interest, do any of these 'usual' displays of anti-semitism get challenged - i.e. twatted?

I've been on only one or two many years ago and never actually seen it.

The send them roses bit is a weaselly response eh - hard to say "the people of Gaza are not our enemy" when you're feigning upset to avoid answering a question on whether it's a good idea to bomb them indiscriminately.

An IDF Colonel is not about to broadcast on SM that he thinks they're indiscriminately bombing Gaza.

I'd be wary of calling it a machine tbh, a lot of this stuff is generated purely through mass participation these days. The most recent CNN report nails down the precise sources behind the claims about beheaded babies though fwiw.

A segment from C4 News

I'm sure thats a comfort to the thousand odd civilians you've already killed🙄
The IDF makes more effort to avoid collateral than any other military but it's Gaza nobody's going to notice when you bomb office blocks in a built up area. Hamas response to asking them not to fire rocket from outside your house is going to be murderous not that really matters when the IDF use counter battery fire :eek:. Hamas as sewn the storm and left the poor sods in Gaza to reapply the whirlwind. I'm sure their be glad the surviviours will be more didicated to fighting the great satan

And now it's the West Bank!

Not much detail in that reuters report. It seems to imply that three Palestinian civilians were killed in an unprovoked (well there's nothing in the report to suggest provocation) by settlers. . . and the IDF?

If it's for real that serving IDF have participated in what is basically a lynching of random Palestinians, well things just took another turn for the worse.

Whilst that book is a good read I'm not convinced it explains why, according to the Guardian article, the University supports Ukraine and that the signatures to the statement on Palestine included a whole set of organisations including those representing Black, Asian and Jewish students. The article points out that during the years that the book is set Jewish refugee scholars were welcomed in Southern black colleges,

The facts are that attitudes towards Palestine in the US are shifting, possibly but unlikely imo due to Nazi influence. This year for the first time, according to Gallop, Democrat voters were more likely to be sympathetic to the Palestinians than Israelis by a margin of 49% to 38%. Across U.S. adults support for Israel has in the last decade declined from 64% to 54%. whereas support for Palestine has risen to 31% from 12% .

I don't think Neo-Nazis have much influence with academics. What I do see as a current student, is that the emphasis on inclusion and diversity has expanded the base that professors are drawn from. I've had several instructors who were either of middle eastern origin or background. There's also a rising number of African American teaching staff. Some African Americans have a jaundiced view of Jews and do not trust that community. I'm not certain if this is because of their tendency toward Southern versions of Christianity, which sees Jews as "Christ killers," or if it stems from tension between Jewish business owners, who run shops in African American areas, and their African American customer base. While these professors don't overtly impart political opinions, they do have leanings that are visible to their students. So they're exposed a variety of opinions on Israel, more than I was as a undergrad in the 80s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom