Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

barcodes used to end in 0729? for Israeli goods but think that changed as people were boycotting

Aladdin

barcodes used to end in 0729? for Israeli goods but think that changed as people were boycotting

Aladdin
Thanks for this 👍

Last edited:
not at all. as would be obvious to anyone with half the intellect of a woodlouse. how can western governments back international law in ukraine but not wr2 the zionist entity? there's a problem which has made western countries look less than sparkly clean to the global south.
It’s an absolute gift to Russia and their BRICS project. Deplete arms shipments to Ukraine, fracture left opposition to their favourite authoritarian regimes in Europe, raise the stock of Iran and their proxies, and highlight the moral hypocrisy of the west at the same time. Like a carefully laid trap.

If this is bought before the security council the US will of course use it's veto. The authors of this press release recognise this and suggest the following:

1709469151617.png
1709469195835.png

All very reminiscent of a bit from Chris Morris' 9/11 piece "Terror's March Backwards" in the guardian
"19th: Blair announces support for the US intention to bomb during Ramadan but confirms that out of respect for Islam, all food parcels dropped during this period will be empty"
yeh but those of us with longer memories will recall bill hicks talking about using smart technology to deliver food back in 1992

George Galloway described Hamas as 'The elected government of Gaza'.

Am I wrong in thinking that Hamas were elected in 2006, but there have been no elections since then?

I appreciate that they are the de facto government, but are they genuinely an elected government? Functionally, it makes no odds, but my knowledge of the politics of the area is slim, and the Wiki response to 'Did the people of Gaza elect Hamas' is more than a tad complicated.

Before the start of the Israeli government's onslaught you wouldn't have much chance in the way of electing an alternative and were in for trouble if you tried.

Last edited:
George Galloway described Hamas as 'The elected government of Gaza'.

Am I wrong in thinking that Hamas were elected in 2006, but there have been no elections since then?

I appreciate that they are the de facto government, but are they genuinely an elected government? Functionally, it makes no odds, but my knowledge of the politics of the area is slim, and the Wiki response to 'Did the people of Gaza elect Hamas' is more than a tad complicated.
It's the same in the West Bank, no? Have you heard of the Fatah-Hamas conflict?

Cameron is going to give Israel another talking to. His patience is wearing thin.

Doesn't say what he will do when he loses his patience.

Nothing imo.

Also Israel are pushing ahead with yet more illegal settlement building in West Bank.

Settlement building has been going on since 67 occupation started.

It's been creating a situation where a real two state solution is no longer viable.

And most settlement building is official like these new planned houses. Israel as occupying power shouldn't be doing this.

Back
Top Bottom