Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I think this is the main point isn't it. I think it's a bad law but of course Germany has had a very err special relationship with Jews and anti-semitism, that's all (just about) in living memory. This strange and obviously overcompensating law is still a thing anyone living / working / performing, and especially doing politics, in Germany has to deal with and shouldn't be a surprise.

Nor should the makers of a documentary on Israel/Palestine be surprised at death threats, here, now, given the state of the world and especially the Israel/Palestine bit. Actually though, I think you could make a documentary about anything political in 2024 and get death threats.

The government here in this country has signed up to same line as Germany. See section 2 of the Roadmap agreed between State of Israel and this country.

Here it has not gone as far as German state. Been attempts but not worked.

And I do not agree with the conflation between Jews and Israel.

I can see that in this countries Roadmap with Israel.

Personally I think death threats about a documentary are out of order.

And the politicians in Germany should think about how their actions contribute to an Israeli film maker getting death threats.

What exactly are people who oppose Israel as an Apartheid state supposed to do?

Making a documentary makes one anti Semitic and subject to death threats. This is peaceful campaigning.

Jewish Labour Cllr in my borough Lambeth suspended indefinitely from Labour group by leadership of Labour group for voting for a ceasefire motion put to Council by Green Cllrs a few weeks ago.

What can I say.

Here is his statement. I've seen him on a few local demos about Gaza.

My Council is run by the Progress / Blairiite faction. Now fully behind Starmer. I do not think he is surprised they have done this to him. They were not happy he was attending local demos on Gaza. To my knowledge the only Jewish Labour Cllr in Lambeth

Last edited:
Not aimed at anyone in particular, but I'm no fan of the whole eye-for-an-eye sentiment.
It just brings resentment, revenge, and an endless cycle of violence and retaliation.
'Eyes' should be avoided at all cost.
in the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king
or something
As someone somewhere pointed out, the "eye for an eye" passages in the Bible were actually a call for a proportionate response, as opposed to simply slaughtering everyone in the other group.
true, but reading and comprehending are 2 different beast

What I don't understand is what is the EU foreign policy on Israel/ Palestine.
theres no such thing as EU foreign policy as far as I am aware of, individual states have their own policies
theres many areas that the EU may try (in vain) to create consensus on (such as "illegal migration to the eurozone") but ultimately nation states do what they want

theres no such thing as EU foreign policy as far as I am aware of, individual states have their own policies
theres many areas that the EU may try (in vain) to create consensus on (such as "illegal migration to the eurozone") but ultimately nation states do what they want
True and bit not so true . The European Council in the EU does have a position however it’s not binding on EU states . The EC position is based around Israel’s right to defend itself in line with international law , demands that Hamas release all hostages whilst urging restraint protection of civilians and humanitarian aid . A sort of cover every base but do very little policy .
Hence the official visit of Van Leyden to Israel when just talked about hostages and the right to defend sparked off a large row about her not articulating the policy .

The individual EU states vary from Spain and probably Irelands principled stand , some states calling for a ceasefire to the Germans and Italian being large arms exporters to Israel. The EU , I think , is or was the largest contributor to aid for Palestine . The most senior official to be vocal about a ceasefire is Borrell , who is in his last year .

Last edited:
They should grant access but as Jeremy Bowen alludes to below it's likely they have reasons not to:

View attachment 413981
its Urban Combat nobody is going to want foreign journalists moving freely in a combat zone the IDF can't garuntee it won't shot fleeing hostages let alone foreign journalists

Local Jewish Cllr kicked off Lambeth Labour group for voting for ceasefire speaks to Owen Jones.

Given how Ives seen the Labour Group operate in Lambeth this does not suprise me.

He says the disciplinary hearing was a gruelling two hours and humiliating

My patch Lambeth is run by the right of the party. He is in Momentum so they have had him in their sights for a while.

Voting for a ceasefire motion put by Green Lambeth Cllrs gave them the opportunity to get rid of him.

This is why they will not allow foreign journalists in to Gaza. They don’t want the world to see the atrocities they are carrying out.
There are more documented instances of IOF soldiers giggling at stolen lingerie than there have been “hostages” rescued.
And it turns out it wasn’t anti Semitic to call the 40 beheaded babies story bullshit.

This is why they will not allow foreign journalists in to Gaza. They don’t want the world to see the atrocities they are carrying out.
There are more documented instances of IOF soldiers giggling at stolen lingerie than there have been “hostages” rescued.
And it turns out it wasn’t anti Semitic to call the 40 beheaded babies story bullshit.
for those who didn't investigate the bullshit

Good point made i read today, bombing of Dresden lasted two nights...whats happening in Gaza is now relentless for over 5 months....we cant begin to imagine how PTSD inducing just experiencing the bombs would be, never mind the carnage and suffering itself...

Dositheus of Palestine, born in the 6th century, is venerated as a saint by the Catholic, Orthodox, and Coptic churches. Considered the patron saint of Gaza, his feast day is celebrated on February 29 – thus, only in leap years.

Back
Top Bottom