Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Very sad. I have a fair few differences with Crimethinc but they're right here.
Let’s admit that the kind of protest activity that has taken place thus far in the United States has not served to compel the US government to compel a halt to the genocide in Gaza. It is an open question what could accomplish that. Aaron’s action challenges us to answer this question—and to answer it differently than he did.

Saw the video..😥😥 its on middle east eye.

Crying still.

Aaron kept screaming "free Palestine" as he was clearly burning to death.
The fucking policeman who arrives on the scene pulls a gun on him and keeps pointing the gun at him while one other man screams for help and a fire extinguisher. It takes way too long for them to get a fire extinguisher and another person arrives with a first aid box and a police woman walks slowly up with an extinguisher. The policeman keeps a gun pointed at Aaron all that time. 🥺🥺🥺

Aaron clearly states his intent at the beginning of his live stream. And kept calling "Free Palestine" as he was burning to death.

Extremely sad.
Extraordinarily courageous.

Ultimately I hope it does soom good but I suspect a lot of the world is numbed to horror and self sacrifice.
Yeah, I saw the cop pointing a gun at him and the lazy arse with the extinguisher and thought what the actual fuck? US filth never cease to amaze.

Because, if the State of Israel did not receive military assistance and weapons from the UK and the USA and other states, its war effort would be hampered. The UK is complicit in the slaughter.
The UK doesn't supply anything vital enough to turn off the war-fighting ability of the IDF in its absence. We can call for a cease-fire or even for the IDF to just fight like the professionals they claim their armed forces are. They can ignore us and everyone else apart from the USA.

The UK doesn't supply anything vital enough to turn off the war-fighting ability of the IDF in its absence. We can call for a cease-fire or even for the IDF to just fight like the professionals they claim their armed forces are. They can ignore us and everyone else apart from the USA.
Nevertheless, the UK ought to try to hamper the Israeli war effort, rather than aid.

We bombed the Houthi’s. Why not the Israelis?
Apart from bombing people who can shoot back isn't something the RAF has trained for lately. Israel isn't blocking international trade. Neither side likes us blaming the UK for the whole mess in the first place.

Killing twenty thousand people, the majority women and children deserves a military response.

No but seriously, and I am going to stick to the facts. I have no horse in this race.

Gaza has an elected government that rapes dancers, murders health workers, and also kidnaps babies. The Hamas have claimed this so can we take it as true? That builds military installations under hospitals. That hides soldiers in civilian buildings.

This government has a constitution that promises to not only destroy the country next door, but also kill every citizen of it and every adherent of its religion.

This government has the support of between 55 and 70 per cent of it population for the above positions.

And then they do October 7th. What other thing would the people under attack actually do? I mean what was the alternative? What would you have done? I’m not sure would have been very chill, even if I should have been. If you show some empathy for the people under attack you must realise that you would have been very angry indeed.

No but seriously, and I am going to stick to the facts. I have no horse in this race.

Gaza has an elected government that rapes dancers, murders health workers, and also kidnaps babies. The Hamas have claimed this so can we take it as true? That builds military installations under hospitals. That hides soldiers in civilian buildings.

This government has a constitution that promises to not only destroy the country next door, but also kill every citizen of it and every adherent of its religion.

This government has the support of between 55 and 70 per cent of it population for the above positions.

And then they do October 7th. What other thing would the people under attack actually do? I mean what was the alternative? What would you have done? I’m not sure would have been very chill, even if I should have been. If you show some empathy for the people under attack you must realise that you would have been very angry indeed.
You can’t view the events of Oct in isolation. Fuck Israel.

The Israeli state response has not been proportionate.

On Hamas. I've done some reading and posts on Hamas and over years there position shifted.

From your post you definitely have a horse in this race. As you are not sticking to the facts. In the sense of a historical context.

This thread sometimes reminds me of my mate at work. Whose position is he isn't interested in politics and does not watch news much. Fair enough. He is big on sport.

But then if I mention something like Gaza comes out with the most political of comments. I tend to avoid the subject.

You always know someone who says they're going stick to the facts won't.

How about an eye for an eye, rather than one eye for thirty eyes?

Back
Top Bottom