Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

"the worst incident in Gaza since October 7" :rolleyes:

The excuse of Hamas using buildings is used every time IDF blow up buildings.

They did it to a university recently.

Prompting the Americans to ask for clarification on who authorized this.

It's systematic destruction of infrastructure that enables a Palestinian community to live in Gaza.

This isn't new. In 48 Zionist militias ethnically cleansing areas of Palestine routinely blew up villages after population was expelled. Stops them coming back.

In 48 they used up so much explosives they ran out and started to use bull dozers.

Blowing stuff up is long tradition of IDF going back to its forerunners the Haganah.

Would be interested to see any recent polls gauging what support there is in the UK for what is being done by the IDF in Gaza and the West Bank.Sunak was telling Conservative Friends of Israel just yesterday that " we stand with Israel".At this point no we absolutely don't.GE can't come soon enough.

Would be interested to see any recent polls gauging what support there is in the UK for what is being done by the IDF in Gaza and the West Bank.Sunak was telling Conservative Friends of Israel just yesterday that " we stand with Israel".At this point no we absolutely don't.GE can't come soon enough.
It was more than 70% in favour of a ceasefire a couple of months ago. I can't imagine that number has dropped. It's not just the UK, of course, populations across Europe are far more pro-Palestinian than their governments.

But given that Starmer is in lockstep with the govt on this - and has been even more pro-Israel at some points - I'm not sure what difference a GE will make. :(

An ICJ court ruling ordering measures to avoid genocide would provide a timely boost. Shame the fuckers into acknowledging the slaughter.

This was done 20th 21st December

71percent either definitely or probably should support immediate ceasefire

Also noticed 30percent disapprove of Labour party handling of the conflict and only nine percent approve. Interesting finding as Starmer has staked his foreign policy on standing by Israel/ following closely what Biden does/. So behaving like a responsible adult unlike the Corbyn years. It hasnt gone down to well with joe public. They aren't impressed.

Attachments

• Results_MAP_231221_W.pdf
    458.9 KB · Views: 4

This was done 20th 21st December

71percent either definitely or probably should support immediate ceasefire

Also noticed 30percent disapprove of Labour party handling of the conflict and only nine percent approve. Interesting finding as Starmer has staked his foreign policy on standing by Israel/ following closely what Biden does/. So behaving like a responsible adult unlike the Corbyn years. It hasnt gone down to well with joe public. They aren't impressed.
Thanks Gramsci

In the poll I just posted up 17 percent approve of the government dealing with this issue and 29 percent disapprove. Surprisingly more approve the Tory government than approve the Labour party way they dealt with this war.

In the poll I just posted up 17 percent approve of the government dealing with this issue and 29 percent disapprove. Surprisingly more approve the Tory government than approve the Labour party way they dealt with this war.

The Yougov tracker poll has 19% of the public (up from a fairly consistent 10-11% before the October 7th attack) whose sympathies are with Israel, so these are probably all the same cohort of people.

I can also see why more people approve of the Tory government response than Labours; I mean they've never said they supported water and power being cut off.

Also in the poll the first question is

Which side in the Israeli/ Palestine conflict do you sympathise with more.

On party voting Labour voters 6% sympathise with Israeli side and 33% Palestine side.

82percent of labour voters support immediate ceasefire.

Doesn't surprise me. So why is Starmer winding up his own voters with his opposing ceasefire and I stand by Israel line?

Breakdown by regions in England and London is way higher in supporting Palestinians than other regions 31percent

They're pretty mixed results. Strong support for ceasefire, but a chunk of people think Israel is trying to minimise civilian casualties. A good third don't know for most of the questions, but that tracker shows some don't knows turning into pro-Israel since 7 Oct. I guess the crude propaganda has worked on a few people.

Back
Top Bottom