Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I’m pretty sure there’s a difference between querying figures published by an Islamist dictatorship and claiming the massacre of Jews was a devious Jewish propaganda stunt so they can engineer a war. But you know, carry on being impartial.

and the UN is a Islamist dictatorship since when you complete and utter loon :hmm:

So if a lot of people are imprisoned in an "open air prison" and told to leave their open air prison via a certain route or perhaps be killed, then they leave via that suggested route and are still killed. And those remaining are killed via missiles etc. Till that population are decimated. Until there's no escape for those remaining. And then their homes and infrastructure is obliterated and there's nowhere left to hide and no way of escaping. And the captors/obliterators have cut off their way to survive. How would we describe that awful situation?

This isn't caused by Israel cutting the water supply, because only 9% of Gaza's water is piped from Israel and that resumed several days ago at full capacity, according to the UN.

What's is causing a problem for water supply in Gaza are shortages of fuel to power the desalinators as most of the water comes from an aquifer. However there's plenty of drinking water to go round, as the UN report I just cited makes clear. Distributing it may be difficult, but that's true in any war zone and doesn't amount to Israel deviously doing some special war crime of water deprivation.

Sometimes getting clean potable water and sewage to where they need to be is dependent on things like power, communication, infrastructure and buildings not being blasted to rubble, things like that.

and the UN is a Islamist dictatorship since when you complete and utter loon :hmm:

The UN figures from Hamas I queried. I have not queried any figures the UN complied without Hamas involvement.

Interesting to note you didn’t deny the rest of the sentence.

So if a lot of people are imprisoned in an "open air prison" and told to leave their open air prison via a certain route or perhaps be killed, then they leave via that suggested route and are still killed. And those remaining are killed via missiles etc. Till that population are decimated. Until there's no escape for those remaining. And then their homes and infrastructure is obliterated and there's nowhere left to hide and no way of escaping. And the captors/obliterators have cut off their way to survive. How would we describe that awful situation?
Was reading this earlier, no words.

And in this case?

What do you mean by “this case”?
Be precise.

In the case of some of the bombings in the south of Gaza, then that is clearly fucked up because where the hell else do Palestinian civilians have to go when they have fled from the north?

In the case of some of the bombings in the south of Gaza, then that is clearly fucked up because where the hell else do Palestinian civilians have to go when they have fled from the north?

Careful now. You're on your way to being a

"Hamas flunky"

You knew exactly what you were doing when you used that term. Millions of people, many of them Jewish, being described as Hamas flunkies.

You're such an edgelord.

Apologies for misspelling cunt.

Be precise.

I have been precise.

You said this,
It falls apart unless all feasible steps are made to get civilians out of the immediate area.

When I asked you if in this case it has fallen apart you come back to me with being more precise.

Be precise.

There has been very little bombing of the south compared to the north. The IDF never declared it a safe haven, just that the north would be attacked intensively. I doubt they want to declare a bomb-free zone anywhere for obvious reasons.

Netanyahu's army propaganda (that I will not post here), in English and online (when fuck all people in Gaza have Internet), says if they leave northern Gaza, it will only be temporary.

Chilling lies, that demonstrate Netanyahu’s intention to annex northern Gaza and kill anyone who does not leave.

There has been very little bombing of the south compared to the north. The IDF never declared it a safe haven, just that the north would be attacked intensively. I doubt they want to declare a bomb-free zone anywhere for obvious reasons.

Yeah, but which actual safe haven is there to get to from there?

Yeah, but which actual safe haven is there to get to from there?

There’s Egypt of course but if they open the border they will be committing ethnic cleansing so the civilians will just have to take their chances until Israel stops attacking Hamas.

There’s Egypt of course but if they open the border they will be committing ethnic cleansing so the civilians will just have to take their chances until Israel stops attacking Hamas.

There was also the suggestion of some space within Israel which was made a few pages back.

I had a realisation today that people on the Left are generally being pretty good at making clear that the Jewish people are not the same thing as the Israeli government... and it's the Right who are most likely to make that equivalence and also tend act as though they must be doing the right thing by the Jewish people to do so and we ought to be thanking them for it.

I think there's a number of reasons for this - I guess in the US the Christo-fascist right have a vested interest in 'supporting Israel' due to their Messianic beliefs about it (Glory days will only come once all the Israelites convert to Christianity etc); it gives them a stick to beat the Left with 'Oh, you don't support Israel, you're an antisemite!'; sheer contrarianism 'Those Lefties hate Israel, well, we'll support it then!' and also I suppose that they hate Muslims more than they hate Jews so they can run the 'Only democracy in the Middle East Line'. Maybe it was once, but certainly not under Netanyahu.

Oh. I wasn't suggesting that a contempt emoji would help the conflict. I think you knew that though.

I know. It was just amusing coming where it did on an internet thread full of bigots who can’t tolerate even the tiniest difference of opinion making pronouncements about what needs to be done with a conflict such as this.

I know. It was just amusing coming where it did on an internet thread full of bigots who can’t tolerate even the tiniest difference of opinion making pronouncements about what needs to be done with a conflict such as this.
So I was also one of those bigots or perhaps collateral damage.

Back
Top Bottom