Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I do wish the media would stop calling it a ”war”. It’s not a war. Calling it a war plays into the narrative that Israel-Palestine is a symmetrical conflict, containing two matched sides that can meet on a battlefield. What Israel are pursuing is not war, it is genocide.
Was thinking the same about the use of the word incursion instead of invasion. Then former sounds like a squad of soldiers and the latter feels dramatic in a Iraq war scale sense…

This isn't caused by Israel cutting the water supply, because only 9% of Gaza's water is piped from Israel and that resumed several days ago at full capacity, according to the UN.

What's is causing a problem for water supply in Gaza are shortages of fuel to power the desalinators as most of the water comes from an aquifer. However there's plenty of drinking water to go round, as the UN report I just cited makes clear. Distributing it may be difficult, but that's true in any war zone and doesn't amount to Israel deviously doing some special war crime of water deprivation.
There’s not ‘plenty of water to go round’ ffs! Hence the purification kits, if they reach those that need them. And out of all that, you picked water to excuse the Israeli state of not engaging in a war crime.

Fuck me, you’re lower than a snake’s belly.

Hamas Israel is the right way to phrase it but also masks what is going on in a way - so why is Israel killing Palestinians.

This isn't caused by Israel cutting the water supply, because only 9% of Gaza's water is piped from Israel and that resumed several days ago at full capacity, according to the UN.

What's is causing a problem for water supply in Gaza are shortages of fuel to power the desalinators as most of the water comes from an aquifer. However there's plenty of drinking water to go round, as the UN report I just cited makes clear. Distributing it may be difficult, but that's true in any war zone and doesn't amount to Israel deviously doing some special war crime of water deprivation.
The link you provided earlier, a site run by the UN's OCHA clearly sates, 'Gaza is dying of thirst. 2.3 million people living in the Gaza Strip urgently need clean water.'
Now you come back with this nonsense that it's not Israel's fault there are water shortages, it's down to fuel shortages, which err, are as a result of Israel blocking fuel being allowed into Gaza. :facepalm:

You pick up a single bit of information to support your deluded claims, whilst you also ignore everything else in this latest link, describing how bad the situation is!

This is you...

2ooo.png

Do you have no shame?

There's no doubt that the bombing of bakeries is targeted, there's no way they have accidently hit 10 out of 50 UN supported bakeries, and probably others too.

Depends what is underneath the bakery.

And also they seem to be dropping an immense number of bombs, so the amount of “targeting” is debateable in the first place.

The link you provided earlier, a site run by the UN's OCHA clearly sates, 'Gaza is dying of thirst. 2.3 million people living in the Gaza Strip urgently need clean water.'
Now you come back with this nonsense that it's not Israel's fault there are water shortages, it's down to fuel shortages, which err, are as a result of Israel blocking fuel being allowed into Gaza. :facepalm:

You pick up a single bit of information to support your deluded claims, whilst you also ignore everything else in this latest link, describing how bad the situation is!

This is you...

View attachment 397411

Do you have no shame?

The question originally mooted was whether Israel's act of cutting off the water and fuel "was morally acceptable". In response I said "it seems there's currently enough food and water to live off, and enough fuel for hospitals to operate" which there is within the territory of Gaza. If fuel and water within the territory isn't getting to everyone that needs it, that might be in your eyes a morally reprehensible result of the bombardment, but it's not because Israel is withholding it. I believe Israel will allow enough fuel to continue to enter to keep the hospitals open and the plants water running. If I'm wrong and they don't do that and thousands of people do die of thirst then let me know.

What may or may not be under the bakeries, how does blowing them up, without penetrating the ground, help?

I haven’t seen what kinds of munitions were used. A large amount have (according to the IDF) been aimed at destroying the tunnel network.

Regardless, the word “indiscriminate” has been thrown about a lot, including all manner of civilian structures being hit, so whether the bakery was targeted on purpose or just hit by general bombardment would be pretty relevant.

The question originally mooted was whether Israel's act of cutting off the water and fuel "was morally acceptable". In response I said "it seems there's currently enough food and water to live off, and enough fuel for hospitals to operate" which there is within the territory of Gaza. If fuel and water within the territory isn't getting to everyone that needs it, that might be in your eyes a morally reprehensible result of the bombardment, but it's not because Israel is withholding it. I believe Israel will allow enough fuel to continue to enter to keep the hospitals open and the plants water running. If I'm wrong and they don't do that and thousands of people do die of thirst then let me know.

Thousand have already died. Just leave the boards.

Oh, FFS, it was reported earlier in the week, that 1 in 3 hospitals had ceased to operate, because they are out of fuel.

So if the IDF says there's a tunnel underneath something we have to believe them, accept their right to damage or destroy, accept that any amount of collateral damage is acceptable and sod the poor buggers who live in the vicinity or who have been displaced there.

IMG_0897.jpeg

I don't trust Hamas, I don't trust the IDF, is that too difficult to understand?

No, it’s difficult to believe.

Regardless, you said there is no way that the IDF hitting 1 in 5 of UN controlled bakeries isn’t targeted.

This, in an apparent case of massive indiscriminate bombardment.

There is undoubtedly some special explanation for why these bakeries are immune to untargeted fire.

Last edited:
I'm completely impartial. Hamas are evil terrorist cunts. The IDF are evil murdering cunts. I don't have a side.

Israel needs to fucking stop this though, now. What's the endgame here? How is this bombing helping? Take the moral high ground.

I'm completely impartial. Hamas are evil terrorist cunts. The IDF are evil murdering cunts. I don't have a side.

Israel needs to fucking stop this though, now. What's the endgame here? How is this bombing helping? Take the moral high ground.

There’s no room on the moral high ground.

It’s got a shitload of paragliders parked on it, for starters.

Back
Top Bottom