Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

They've marched the army up the hill, let's see if it's so easy to march it down

I find it difficult to predict the political fall out in Israel if they do march them down. BN is toast of course, but Israelis may opt for someone even more hardline as a replacement.

Medyan doesn’t know why Egypt aren’t opening the border to let casualties through for treatment, like they have every time before.
My take - Sisi doesn’t want the burden of how many Palestinians are left after this, flooding into Egypt? Some solidarity eh?

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson Daniel Hagari announced that Israel’s ground forces are expanding their ground operations tonight.

I fear this optimism will not age well
I do think they’re very fearful of a full scale ground incursion - the ‘skirmishes’ into northern Gaza in the last few nights are testing the waters - how much resistance is there in the flattened north. And there is.

Will BN sign the death warrants of a few more hundred Israeli conscripts? Don’t think he will.

IMO.

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson Daniel Hagari announced that Israel’s ground forces are expanding their ground operations tonight.
So they’re going to dip their toes a little deeper into Gazan waters?

Still think ( & I hope I’m fucking right) that they bottle a full scale incursion.

I do think they’re very fearful of a full scale ground incursion - the ‘skirmishes’ into northern Gaza in the last few nights are testing the waters - how much resistance is there in the flattened north. And there is.

Will BN sign the death warrants of a few more hundred Israeli conscripts? Don’t think he will.

IMO.
I think he very much will sign those death warrants! It's his last roll of the dice. . .

IMO.

I think, sadly, you are very wrong if you think BN has any kind of moral scruples or concern for his political future in a democracy at this point. I mean, his son has been sunning himself on Miami Beach for the past few weeks whilst hundreds of thousands of others have volunteered, returned home at vast expense etc etc.

That doesn't suggest to me he is concerned about what the bereaved (or anyone else) are going to be saying to him after all this, either because he will be gone and away from their ire or because they will not be able to affect him any more.

You’re probably right mate - but hope you’re wrong.

I would like to have your hope, but catching up on the news now, I can't.

I think cutting off communications is likely because a full scale ground invasion is about to happen, before they lose further support from the US, UK, other western countries, and indeed their own population.

Back
Top Bottom