Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

q

they just pulled a 9/11 impact level attack over 1000 civillians killed 200 taken hostage Israel like any country suffering an attack like that has pushed the beserk button it's the equal to 7000 UK civillians being killed in a single day the response to that is always going to be extreme it's not business as normal

If we're doing equivalents again it's roughly 180,000 Gazans in 'UK civilians' at this point. How should they react?

Last edited:
You're a bigger man than me Larry, this stuff gets me a bit sweary. I think because it's so insulting for someone to be this consistently disingenous as though we're all too stupid to see.

IME so far, engaging intelligently and civilly with HazeyCosmicJive achieves exactly nothing. I've posted several polite and substantive points directly addressing them and all they do is squinny about feelings and rudeness. platinumsage on the other hand does engage, but goes in circles and pretends not to understand.

Might as well just curse tbh

IME so far, engaging intelligently and civilly with HazeyCosmicJive achieves exactly nothing. I've posted several polite and substantive points directly addressing them and all they do is squinny about feelings and rudeness. platinumsage on the other hand does engage, but goes in circles and pretends not to understand.

It seems to me like people arguing at me are pretending not to understand. Oh well.

I can accept this. I have no issue with people having radically different views, I just wish we could be a little more civil…

we should accept people with other views than are own but suggesting that 2.2 million people being forced marched out of Israel is a dark image invoking past actions of genocide

will take the op retracting comments and backing down as it was reasonably said..

what was posted was not

we should accept people with other views than are own but suggesting that 2.2 million people being forced marched out of Israel is a dark image invoking past actions of genocide

will take the op retracting comments and backing down as it was reasonably said..

what was posted was not
I said what I said. He can have that view, I disagree but I refuse to be a wanker about it.

Reactions: Ax^
You should have said "racist". That seems to be fine.

If you have a better explanation than racism for eg. why one dead Israeli is worth several dead Palestinians this month, eg. why Israelis murdering Palestinians are called settlers while Palestinians murdering Israelis are called terrorists, eg. why Israel will not countenance Jews being outnumbered in a 'one-state' solution, and eg. why the Israeli president and UN ambassador have both called the people in Gaza 'human animals' in the last few days, then please go right ahead, explain. I for one am all ears.

I'm also curious and have been for many years, about why there are nearly always a few union flags being carried by skinheads among the many flags of zion on pro-israel demonstrations. Is it really just birds of a feather flocking together?

There's a lot to unpack here, but for me it all falls quite neatly into the category of racism, if I'm wrong I'm happy to hear why.

[Edit later, just a laugh eh 8ball

1000006641.jpg 🤷‍♂️ ]

Last edited:
Remember the Egyptian podcaster at the Raffah crossing and the CNN journalist? Well here she is a great deal calmer with Piers Morgan, who much as I don't like the man conducted a pretty balanced interview. Tbh I couldn't see this taking place on the BBC:

I'd say people should stop quoting the fella posts for a bit as he has tried to retract the comments.

back down on the webz is not common

but people are going to do what they want eh
Time to move on. If he posts like that again then they really need to be removed from the thread. It was just too disruptive.

hmm that could be called cancelling the voice of people on other side of the argument..

withstanding that anyone calling for a collective punishment of 2.2 million people being forced out of country at gun point has lost some prospective
and maybe needs some time outside to calm down

I'm old enough to remember Rachamim 18. 🤣

The biggest puppet in US presidential history! (imo)

Yeah, fuck Sleepy Joe. He won't come out of this looking good.

Israel is not satisfied with putting a siege on Palestinians by cutting off food supplies. They are impatient to starve the population so, bombing bakeries is now important to them. This is not like bombing Greggs, bakeries in Palestine provide a substantial percentage of the local diet.

If you support this, let me know so I can block you.

Today, I found out that there is a Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery in Gaza, that has apparently been maintained by the same family since 1920:

Yes, The Gaza Commonwealth war graves are mentioned in the detective novel “A Grave in Gaza” by Matt Rees. It is worth reading, as it gives an idea of what life in the Gaza Strip is like.

Back
Top Bottom