Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Not sure you'll get threadbanned for this. The mods probably don't want to ban people on what might look like a partisan basis - rightly, I might add. And, fwiw, I'm not reporting you. All that aside, this is one of the worst, racist, hate filled posts I've seen on here in quite a while.
They should be thread banned for the simple reason they’re doing nothing but attacking other posters and turned this thread into a toxic mess…

You did. After telling me where to go.
I'm not offended, there just didn't seem any point engaging with people whose only response was to tell me to "fuck off", or accuse me of working for the IDF.
I think a large number of the posters on here are posting because they hate Israel/Jews. They have their reasons but not all of it is to do with the way Israel has behaved. Why do I think this? Well this thread alone is up to 188 pages already in 20 days. Far more than similar situations involving Rohingya, Nogorno Karabakh, Uyghurs, Afghanistan, Yemen and Ukraine in total.
The two state solution is a westerners solution that neither Israel or the Palestinians believe in. It would solve nothing. The injustice felt by the Palestinians would still be there and they would keep pushing to recover their lost homes and land.
The single state solution doesn't work if all people are to have an equal stake - because it wouldn't be a Jewish homeland for very long as the Palestinians would outnumber the Jews.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for the civilians in Gaza. They harbour and hide Hamas terrorists and provide them with succour and support. Two million of them and they don't know who Hamas are? Or where they have the rockets? Or where they hide hostages? Pull the other one. I don't want to see children hurt but they put their own children in harms way by not stopping what has happened. I suspect a lot of them actually support what happened on 7th October. So for me the sooner Israel pushes them all out of Israel it can focus on securing it's external borders without having to look over it's shoulder at the evil within.
Don't cry about being told to fuck off when you'd just smeared people as an antisemitic cabal and doubted that any humanitarian sentiments are in good faith.

Now you're saying people are putting their own children in harm's way which sounds even worse than some of the weak justifications for Hamas murdering children on the seventh.

You are also now advocating (being generous) a programme of ethnic cleansing.

Given all this telling you to fuck off was very restrained.

I'm not planning on going anywhere. If that cap fits then wear it. I don't think I have accused you personally of anything.

You've been accusing posters of hating Jewish people, without any evidence.

Ironically, while calling for the destruction of the Palestinian people and removal of them from their land.

You may not be hasbara, but every site eventually has someone unhinged like yourself rocking up and doing your "cause" no favours whatsoever.

They should be thread banned for the simple reason they’re doing nothing but attacking other posters and turned this thread into a toxic mess…
I agree, fwiw, I'd love to see them off urban after this hate fest. Just have a feeling the mods might not want to weigh in. Anyway, if they carry on like this, they won't have much option.

Not sure you'll get threadbanned for this. The mods probably don't want to ban people on what might look like a partisan basis - rightly, I might add. And, fwiw, I'm not reporting you. All that aside, this is one of the worst, racist, hate filled posts I've seen on here in quite a while.
Racist how so? It is largely factual so if the truth gets you banned then there isn't much more I can do.

Racist how so? It is largely factual so if the truth gets you banned then there isn't much more I can do.
It's not factual at all. It's you accusing Palestinian people of all supporting Hamas. It's you calling for them to be pushed out of Israel.

You're a liar who is incapable of any sliver of honesty or truth.

So do you not think what Hamas did on 7th October was evil?
Nobody here condones what happened on that day. Nobody here hates or wishes destruction on innocent civilians.

Unlike your bloodlust, racism and hopes to wipe out the Palestinian people.

You're the sort who would have supported the occupied 6 counties and apartheid in SA.

Colonialists get short shrift here. Think about that one when you get the boot.

Nobody here condones what happened on that day. Nobody here hates or wishes destruction on innocent civilians.
And neither do I.
Unlike your bloodlust, racism and hopes to wipe out the Palestinian people.
Bloodlust? Racism? Wipe out the Palestinian people? wtf
You're the sort who would have supported the occupied 6 counties and apartheid in SA.
Guessing you are an Irish republican? The people of the six counties have a right to determine their own future. No, I thought SA apartheid was wrong and I was a supporter of Nelson Mandela.
Colonialists get short shrift here. Think about that one when you get the boot.
I'm not a colonialist.

It was interesting in that Saudi TV interview with the hamas guy how he made no mention of any scripture, any religious talk at all, and compared the struggle of the Palestinians to that of the Soviet union against Hitler and of the Vietnamese people against the USA.

Almost as if they're not simply a bunch of "Islamic extremists" (there are not many salafi/wahhabi in Gaza really) but something more complicated than that, something that grew out of the secular Palestinan resistance and is still influenced by it.

It was interesting in that Saudi TV interview with the hamas guy how he made no mention of any scripture, any religious talk at all, and compared the struggle of the Palestinians to that of the Soviet union against Hitler and of the Vietnamese people against the USA.

Almost as if they're not simply a bunch of "Islamic extremists" (there are not many salafi/wahhabi in Gaza really) but something more complicated than that, something that grew out of the secular Palestinan resistance and is still influenced by it.
Yes, the comparison with ISIS is way off. Doesn't mean they're not nasty Islamists, though, like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt that they grew from. Within Gaza, they were enthusiastic about the death penalty and locking up gay people. They're not nice.

I wouldn't say that they 'grew out of' the secular Palestinian resistance, more that they replaced it.

The Palestinians are a dispossessed people. They have had their homes and lands taken from them by an occupying force. It is entirely understandable if they have bitterness and hatred towards the people who pushed them out.

Yes, the comparison with ISIS is way off. Doesn't mean they're not nasty Islamists, though, like the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt that they grew from. Within Gaza, they were enthusiastic about the death penalty and locking up gay people. They're not nice.

I wouldn't say that they 'grew out of' the secular Palestinian resistance, more that they replaced it.
And just to add to this, this is something Corbyn got wrong in years gone by. Calling people from Hamas or Hezbollah friends was a big mistake. Islamists are not our friends. It is possible, and necessary, to support the Palestinians without supporting Islamism.

You did. After telling me where to go.
Yes, after. So what, did you start crying and run away when you got a grown up reply at last?
I'm not offended,
lol much
I think a large number of the posters on here are posting because they hate Israel/Jews.
No you're way out on that one, trust me (you won't, but you should)
not all of it is to do with the way Israel has behaved.
Actually, it is by this point all about the way Israel has behaved (since 2001) and is still behaving (5000 dead and counting). Context, and current events, death tolls etc.
this thread alone is up to 188 pages already in 20 days. Far more than similar situations involving Rohingya, Nogorno Karabakh, Uyghurs, Afghanistan, Yemen and Ukraine in total.
Oh a returner .. noted already :thumbs:
The two state solution is a westerners solution that neither Israel or the Palestinians believe in.
So you say
It would solve nothing.
So you say
The injustice felt by the Palestinians would still be there and they would keep pushing to recover their lost homes and land.
So you say
The single state solution doesn't work if all people are to have an equal stake - because it wouldn't be a Jewish homeland for very long as the Palestinians would outnumber the Jews.
This is pretty basic racism right here. When people in Britain say this kind of stuff about muslims or asians or blacks we (checks notes) yes, we call it racism.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for the civilians in Gaza. They harbour and hide Hamas terrorists and provide them with succour and support.
You speak as if they have a choice, as if anyone who tried to raise their neighbourhood against the Hamas dudes who moved in wouldn't just get shot and thrown in the local rubbish tip. I suppose if gangsters took over your block you'd be all up in their faces telling them where to stick their guns. Especially if they also fund the local clinic and hand out food parcels each week to needy families.

Yeah I can definitely see that happening.
Two million of them and they don't know who Hamas are?
Of two million israelis, you could tell who the wrong'uns are?
Or where they have the rockets? Or where they hide hostages?
Yes, informing on the local militia - that'll be a good approach to a long and healthy life lol
Pull the other one.
The actual joker here is you.
I don't want to see children hurt but
. . .
they put their own children in harms way
So just like Israelis then, who have their children literally join the army for three years.
I suspect a lot of them actually support what happened on 7th October.
I suspect a lot of israelis actually support the revenge bombing of entire neighbourhoods and the Palestinian casualty figures rising by hundreds each day. Even some foreigners do! (I know crazy huh).
So for me the sooner Israel pushes them all out of Israel
They're not in Israel are they? Gaza as we keep hearing has not been occupied since bla bla bla
it can focus on securing it's external borders without having to look over it's shoulder at the evil within.
How can you look over your shoulder to see within? Surely looking over your shoulder leaves you looking backwards?

Oh and the evil within, is currently in power; you really need look no further than the Knesset.

Was there enough fuckoffs for ya? Good good.

And just to add to this, this is something Corbyn got wrong in years gone by. Calling people from Hamas or Hezbollah friends was a big mistake. Islamists are not our friends. It is possible, and necessary, to support the Palestinians without supporting Islamism.
Just to be clear I despise Hamas as I do all islamism, and am depressed by the fact that the current israeli ethnic cleansing of Gaza will only make them stronger in the long run.

I will ask again. Racist how?

You admitted to having little sympathy for an entire people and called for them to be pushed out of a country.

The international laws that such an attitude would contravenes if acted upon were put there in the first place for very obvious reasons, with particular historical horrors in mind. It amounts to another 'final solution' of the very worst kind. Collective punishment. Forced displacement. Even the shits in power anywhere, who may occasionally have reason to believe that they have stumbled upon the opportunity to carry out such a plan, tend to realise that they have to dress it up in ways you havent bothered with, that they have to at least pay lip service to stuff you have utterly dumped via a few ridiculous sentences.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom