Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Nobody has suggested that. But people have definitely stopped posting because of the weights of opinion and aggression, and others not get involved at all for the same reasons. No complaints here but it works both ways.

And, what is your answer to that problem?

That any plonker should be allowed to post false 'facts', blatant lies, and frankly ridiculous suggestions, without the right of others to challenge them?

Reactions: Ax^
Starmer won't issue a call for a ceasefire in Gaza but apparently he is in favour of Anthony Blinken's proposal for "humanitarian -pauses" to allow aid in.How does that make any kind of sense?What does it mean?Is the suggestion that the F16s circle around a bit while a convoy of trucks rumbles into Gaza and then resumes the blitzkrieg just as before? The man seems to be an utter cunt!
Despite resignations, letters etc the opposition to Starmer within the Labour Party is weak. His advisers will say just wait until either the US or Sunak call for a ceasefire or ride the storm out. After all 'these people ( those Labour Party members who want a ceasefire) have got nowhere to go'

And, what is your answer to that problem?

That any plonker should be allowed to post false 'facts', blatant lies, and frankly ridiculous suggestions, without the right of others to challenge them?

I don't agree with everything PS has posted but they're not just his opinions and there's plenty of guff coming from the other direction too. Challenge away, but it makes the complaint that the thread's being derailed and being made about individuals, quite hollow.

Nobody has suggested that. But people have definitely stopped posting because of the weights of opinion and aggression, and others not get involved at all for the same reasons. No complaints here but it works both ways.

tbf a majority of people just avoid the political forums because of the amount of whataboutery that happens..

and thats been going on for years

Starmer won't issue a call for a ceasefire in Gaza but apparently he is in favour of Anthony Blinken's proposal for "humanitarian -pauses" to allow aid in.How does that make any kind of sense?What does it mean?Is the suggestion that the F16s circle around a bit while a convoy of trucks rumbles into Gaza and then resumes the blitzkrieg just as before? The man seems to be an utter cunt!
The only thing Starmer is thinking about is winning the next election, he wants to portray himself as a man who the US can do 'business' with.
I think he probably doesn't have much of a personal position on what's happening.

It’s a meaningless term, the scale and logistics to get aid moving needs weeks not a few days…

The implication is that only well fed Palestinians are legitimate targets. They've got a chance to run away then, so that's all right.

Last edited:
The only thing Starmer is thinking about is winning the next election, he wants to portray himself as a man who the US can do 'business' with.
I think he probably doesn't have much of a personal position on what's happening.
He doesn't have much of a personal position on anything. And he has zero integrity as a result. Like Blair, that actually makes him very dangerous. It is depressing beyond words that it will be either him or the Tories in power after the next election.

Quite. And Im not that thick skinned either. However for some reason this thread has received a lot of criticism. Including accusations that its put a few posters off Urban altogether for the time being.

Most of the threads I've on ignore are to do with politics. As the level of aggression as you say works both ways. I don't moan about it. That's how it goes.

Seems to me that this thread as been picked out for particular ire.

I detest Hamas and Hezbollah and all the other Islamists attempting to take power in the region. I detest both their beliefs and their methods. They are only bad news for Palestinians.

Do we have to make that declaration each time before criticising Israel? Or can we move on to deal with what is happening right now?

I dislike the demands from all sides that particular posters should declare themselves on this or that, but when a poster says they are reserving judgement over an ongoing genocide, I find it hard to remain civil.

I detest Hamas and Hezbollah and all the other Islamists attempting to take power in the region. I detest both their beliefs and their methods. They are only bad news for Palestinians.

Do we have to make that declaration each time before criticising Israel? Or can we move on to deal with what is happening right now?

I dislike the demands from all sides that particular posters should declare themselves on this or that, but when a poster says they are reserving judgement over an ongoing genocide, I find it hard to remain civil.
That, in every respect.

Well said.

I don't agree with much Platinum sage says on this thread but maybe he has some kind of point about Egypt. Sisi and Mubarak have been more than willing to enforce the Israeli blockade and people have called for them to let people and goods in and out. Egypt should be taking people from Gaza ( as should Israel at the very least if they insist on bombing it) and the rest of the world should be helping anyone forced/taking the decision to leave as well. Generally Israel have wanted land without the people and are again hoping to use ethnic cleansing to that end but I'm not sure that means that those in Gaza should have to stay and endure whatever Israel throws at the strip.

Watching the UN Arab group of countries press conference a few days ago and they supported Egypt not letting people from Gaza in.

The reason- that in 1948 Palestinians left there homes forced by Zionist para military groups ( Haganah) and were never able to return. So its not just Egypt opposing this. Its the memory of what happened in 48. I do think in west its common that the memory of what led to creation of Isreal as a state is seen differently in West than in middle east.

I would also not underestimate the bravery of Palestinians who are not in Hamas but refuse to once again be refugees. The refusal to go is also a form of resistance.

As is the bravery of the Al Jazeera journalist who lost his family.

There are many ways to resist a racist regime. One is staying put. One is to report Israel's war crimes.

Watching the UN Arab group of countries press conference a few days ago and they supported Egypt not letting people from Gaza in.

The reason- that in 1948 Palestinians left there homes forced by Zionist para military groups ( Haganah) and were never able to return. So its not just Egypt opposing this. Its the memory of what happened in 48. I do think in west its common that the memory of what led to creation of Isreal as a state is seen differently in West than in middle east.

I would also not underestimate the bravery of Palestinians who are not in Hamas but refuse to once again be refugees. The refusal to go is also a form of resistance.

As is the bravery of the Al Jazeera journalist who lost his family.

There are many ways to resist a racist regime. One is staying put. One is to report Israel's war crimes.
So the Arab leaders that have picked up and dropped the Palestinians as it suits them are the ones that get to delcide the fate of those in Gaza not them themselves?

So the Arab leaders that have picked up and dropped the Palestinians as it suits them are the ones that get to delcide the fate of those in Gaza not them themselves?

They have done that in the past. Yes.

However the Arab Street is in uproar over this.

They have to bear in mind the level of anger in their own countries and support for Palestinians amongst ordinary people.

Last edited:
Kind of getting annoyed about this stuff about loons/ Hamas apologists and posters being put off this thread because of the posts on it.

There are several threads on U75 Ive on ignore. Anyone who does not like a thread can put it on ignore. If the content upsets them. I don't keep going on about threads I've on ignore. I take the rough with the smooth.

Its not that hard.

More than once come up that some posters stopped posting here. Is that the fault of some posters here? If so and some people are that upset posts can be reported.

I do not see people being bullied off this thread. I see a lot of heated opinion - which is hardly surprising given the news.
Really? Then maybe you are seeing it from your perspective only?
I have largely stopped posting in this thread (but still read it because I am interested) because of the behaviour of you and your oh-so-woke-and-lefty-anti-semitic-posing-as-humanitarian cabal whose replies avoided any discussion and just launched into vile personal attacks.

Really? Then maybe you are seeing it from your perspective only?
I have largely stopped posting in this thread (but still read it because I am interested) because of the behaviour of you and your oh-so-woke-and-lefty-anti-semitic-posing-as-humanitarian cabal whose replies avoided any discussion and just launched into vile personal attacks.
I - and I don’t mean to be impolite - think that if you honestly mean all that Urban75 couldn’t be more wrong for you. Which begs the question: why do you stay?

Back
Top Bottom