Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Really? Then maybe you are seeing it from your perspective only?
I have largely stopped posting in this thread (but still read it because I am interested) because of the behaviour of you and your oh-so-woke-and-lefty-anti-semitic-posing-as-humanitarian cabal whose replies avoided any discussion and just launched into vile personal attacks.

No now steady on sunshine. I definitely posted something substantive and relevant - more than one thing actually, and I quoted you in those posts so I know you know that. But now to play some kind of victim game with you "o but u been rude 2 me" is a bit .. well, mendacious and hypocritical? Let's say.

So how about, you read over the bit between your previous post, and this QQ thing, and think of something to actually add to the discussion rather than slinging slurs around willy-nilly and acting all offended.

Really? Then maybe you are seeing it from your perspective only?
I have largely stopped posting in this thread (but still read it because I am interested) because of the behaviour of you and your oh-so-woke-and-lefty-anti-semitic-posing-as-humanitarian cabal whose replies avoided any discussion and just launched into vile personal attacks.

And which vile returning banned poster are you, then?

Israel don't really want to do this ground invasion. They'd have done it already if the gov were really convinced. The new coalition partners in the Unity government must be fighting hard against it. USA is obviously not into it. Netanyahu knows he's fucked once the war is over, so keeping it in this state of not having really "begun in earnest" (with ground invasion) delays the inevitable fall from power. That's what I think.

No now steady on sunshine. I definitely posted something substantive and relevant - more than one thing actually, and I quoted you in those posts so I know you know that. But now to play some kind of victim game with you "o but u been rude 2 me" is a bit .. well, mendacious and hypocritical? Let's say.

So how about, you read over the bit between your previous post, and this QQ thing, and think of something to actually add to the discussion rather than slinging slurs around willy-nilly and acting all offended.
You did. After telling me where to go.
I'm not offended, there just didn't seem any point engaging with people whose only response was to tell me to "fuck off", or accuse me of working for the IDF.
I think a large number of the posters on here are posting because they hate Israel/Jews. They have their reasons but not all of it is to do with the way Israel has behaved. Why do I think this? Well this thread alone is up to 188 pages already in 20 days. Far more than similar situations involving Rohingya, Nogorno Karabakh, Uyghurs, Afghanistan, Yemen and Ukraine in total.
The two state solution is a westerners solution that neither Israel or the Palestinians believe in. It would solve nothing. The injustice felt by the Palestinians would still be there and they would keep pushing to recover their lost homes and land.
The single state solution doesn't work if all people are to have an equal stake - because it wouldn't be a Jewish homeland for very long as the Palestinians would outnumber the Jews.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for the civilians in Gaza. They harbour and hide Hamas terrorists and provide them with succour and support. Two million of them and they don't know who Hamas are? Or where they have the rockets? Or where they hide hostages? Pull the other one. I don't want to see children hurt but they put their own children in harms way by not stopping what has happened. I suspect a lot of them actually support what happened on 7th October. So for me the sooner Israel pushes them all out of Israel it can focus on securing it's external borders without having to look over it's shoulder at the evil within.

The UN can do fuck all. The ground invasion will happen but maybe under a "special operations" moniker... International acts of terrorism will increase and the next generation of terrorists will be in the making. If not already.

I know this was poo-pooed, but I do think the fact that Israel's army is a conscript army matters here. Casualties in a conscript army mean something different from casualties in a professional army. They are felt by the whole society. And I don't doubt that a great many of them have no desire to engage in a ground invasion that could turn ugly for Israel very quickly indeed. And tbh why do it when you can bomb the place into rubble with almost no casualties to your side at all?

I'm not offended, there just didn't seem any point engaging with people whose only response was to tell me to "fuck off", or accuse me of working for the IDF.
I think a large number of the posters on here are posting because they hate Israel/Jews. They have their reasons but not all of it is to do with the way Israel has behaved. Why do I think this? Well this thread alone is up to 188 pages already in 20 days. Far more than similar situations involving Rohingya, Nogorno Karabakh, Uyghurs, Afghanistan, Yemen and Ukraine in total.
The two state solution is a westerners solution that neither Israel or the Palestinians believe in. It would solve nothing. The injustice felt by the Palestinians would still be there and they would keep pushing to recover their lost homes and land.
The single state solution doesn't work if all people are to have an equal stake - because it wouldn't be a Jewish homeland for very long as the Palestinians would outnumber the Jews.
I don't have a lot of sympathy for the civilians in Gaza. They harbour and hide Hamas terrorists and provide them with succour and support. Two million of them and they don't know who Hamas are? Or where they have the rockets? Or where they hide hostages? Pull the other one. I don't want to see children hurt but they put their own children in harms way by not stopping what has happened. I suspect a lot of them actually support what happened on 7th October. So for me the sooner Israel pushes them all out of Israel it can focus on securing it's external borders without having to look over it's shoulder at the evil within.

You're not only a wrong 'un but contradictory , hypocritical and dangerous with it, too.

Murderous cunt.

There it is. Genocide. You want genocide. You want genocide.

This (the claim that uk donated pots and pans were discarded) is I am pretty certain a well-debunked urban myth. They were, especially the aluminium ones (the Uk has no meaningful local sources of bauxite) recycled into - well stone the crows - important items for the war effort.

13mins 12 secs to 13mins 54secs

This is an interview with Lord Beaverbrook’s son. Beaverbrook is the one that thought up the propaganda campaign “Saucepans for Spitfires”. Here his son confirms that.

Last edited:
I know this was poo-pooed, but I do think the fact that Israel's army is a conscript army matters here. Casualties in a conscript army mean something different from casualties in a professional army. They are felt by the whole society. And I don't doubt that a great many of them have no desire to engage in a ground invasion that could turn ugly for Israel very quickly indeed. And tbh why do it when you can bomb the place into rubble with almost no casualties at all?
There's been many pacifists in the IDF over the years, but they may be painted as traitors by the coalition at this stage if they have any issues with the ground invasion.

Sincerely hoping there's not going to be an invasion but it just feels inevitable, currently.

I think a large number of the posters on here are posting because they hate Israel/Jews.

The two state solution is a westerners solution that neither Israel or the Palestinians believe in. It would solve nothing.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the civilians in Gaza.

I don't want to see children hurt but

So for me the sooner Israel pushes them all out of Israel it can focus on securing it's external borders without having to look over it's shoulder at the evil within.

Murderous, evil, genocidal cunt.

Not sure you'll get threadbanned for this. The mods probably don't want to ban people on what might look like a partisan basis - rightly, I might add. And, fwiw, I'm not reporting you. All that aside, this is one of the worst, racist, hate filled posts I've seen on here in quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom