Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I just don't understand how suggesting Egypt could help by opening the border gets this reaction. Genuinely perplexed. Would love for someone to help me understand instead of telling me to fuck off or that I'm advocating ethnic cleansing.
Hang on, 'helping'? 'Pitching in while this neutral thing is happening out of thin air'? Whereas the reality is Israel blasting the fuck out of the Palestinian people. You condemn the Egyptians and not the Israelis?

Just take a pause, consider that. Does it not disrupt the flow of your thoughts, for just a moment?

Hang on, 'helping'? Pitching in while this neutral thing is happening out of thin air? Whereas the reality is Israel blasting the fuck out of the Palestinian people. You condemn the Egyptians and not the Israelis?

Just take a pause, consider that. Does it not disrupt the flow of your thoughts, for just a moment?

I'm not condemning the Egyptians. What I said was "I’m not going to exclusively criticise Israel when both Hamas and Egypt also have it within their gift to bring huge relief to the people of Gaza."

I just don't understand how suggesting Egypt could help by opening the border gets this reaction. Genuinely perplexed. Would love for someone to help me understand instead of telling me to fuck off or that I'm advocating ethnic cleansing.

Anyone? A quick PM or post in reply will suffice, perhaps completing this sentence: "The Palestinians of Gaza shouldn't get a choice whether to cross the border with Egypt because they......."

To bring relief from... what? What is the thing that's happening to the Palestinians? What is that?

They're being bombed by Israel if you hadn't noticed. Since no one has managed to get Israel to stop, you can seal the border and tell them to deal with it for the long-term good of their people's land rights, or you can invite those who choose to leave to enter a safe haven.

Would you be happy to stand at the Rafah border crossing and tell those wanting to leave that no, the solution to their plight is for Israel to stop bombing them and they need to stay put for their long-term future?

They're being bombed by Israel if you hadn't noticed. Since no one has managed to get Israel to stop, you can seal the border and tell them to deal with it for the long-term good of their people's land rights, or you can invite those who choose to leave to enter a safe haven.

Would you be happy to stand at the Rafah border crossing and tell those wanting to leave that no, the solution to their plight is for Israel to stop bombing them and they need to stay put for their long-term future?
So what you're saying after post after post denying it is you are in favour of ethnic cleansing

What Egypt does is firmly in the territory of judging the lesser of 2 evils. Yes, I'd be in favour of letting people through, though there are massive downsides to that as well, as noted by other posters. But yeah, I had noticed 'they're being bombed by Israel'. That's it, that act of mass murder - the thing you need a bit more information on before, y'know, rushing to judgement. Well, maybe have a think about that, gather up your information. Actually, I rather suspect you have done and are entirely on board with it. Otherwise, gee, you might have said so.

Note that for your shitty analogy you've scaled the number of victims, but conveniently brushed over that for the whole population movement thing. Because that would equate to the forced movement of around half the population of the island of Ireland. And it's not the Devis flats, it's basically the entire urban area. Of both north and south.

Bah, probably shouldn't have humoured that daft shit. Moving on.
Daft is generous. He isn't daft, he is bad.

“Just give him the house! What’s the big fuss here?“

I'm lost with your analogy now I'm afraid, you could just address the question directly.

"What fucking house?"

I suggest you refer to the AJ graphic posted by littlebabyjesus here which clarifies that 4.1% of homes have been destroyed not 45%. Don't want to let facts get in the way of a good headline I guess.

The Guardian reporting deaths now at 6,500 from the bombings. This before the ground war and ahead of the likely main pile of deaths from food, freshwater, fuel and medical shortages, with a million people displaced as we head towards the winter months.

Given the scale of the humanitarian disaster that's already been caused I can't imagine the 10:1 Palestinian-to-Israeli deaths ratio I was hearing at the start as a likely intent of the Netanyahu administration is going to be anywhere close to the final number.

Have any of you considered that this person is intentionally ignoring any debate and likely an Israeli govt plant and that the best response is to put on ignore? Please do it.

Yes, anyone who says anything critical of any anti-Israel position must be a paid agent of the Israeli state, there can be no other explanation for it.

He's a longstanding member of these boards, and has always been a bellend, no need to invent conspiracy theories.

Good to know. I didn't realise that. I thought it the only possible explanation. You see: it is possible to learn from your mistakes.

Spycops used to do five years, so theoretically he could be an undercover but the scandal would be less that he'd infiltrated Urban and more that they'd wasted that much money on mildly irritating people.

Back
Top Bottom