Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

After waking up and scanning this thread seeing certain people spreading Netanyahu’s disinformation about the Israeli strike on the hospital yesterday my faith in humanity genuinely dropped to rock bottom. The only independently verified video confirms it was obviously an Israeli strike. Platinumsage your efforts to cover up this war crime will never be forgotten.

I just walked a few hundred yards to a shop feeling pretty miserable but in that short walk I had one grandad stop me in the street as he spotted my keffiyeh and then moments later a young lad on an electric scooter also spotted the keffiyeh and shouted “Falastine!” as he went past.

Faith in humanity restored.

Can't work out if you're trolling or just beyond help.

Why would they be concerned about global love? Their whole thing has been "no one likes us, we don't care". For days genocidal rhetoric has been coming out of their political class and their media, and now it looks like Sleepy Joe will have their backs no matter what happens.

As for the hospital, I think Israel probably did bomb it, but is now committed to saying it didn't. And even if it genuinely didn't bomb it, to keep up the story that it wasn't responsible, it will have to stop bombing hospitals in general.

We really don't know what's going on behind the scenes between Biden and the BN government until the media tell us. Biden has to project unity with fears of this becoming a regional war.

I have no problem with a detached cynicism with regards to what the Israeli state says, but to not afford the same to Hamas, a group that also lies as easily and regularly as it breathes, seems a bit odd/ridiculously niave...

Its also not just about those two actors.

It's a tricky one. Both 'teams' as Biden rather stupidly put it, are utterly awful, lying cunts. We'll never have a definitive, neutral answer I dont think. But I personally don't think Israel would squander all the global love they were getting by doing something like that. A tragic accident does seem the most likely version.

I didn't mention Hamas for a good reason : I don't trust them either. For me it comes down to, 1. hospitals don't explode themselves 2. Israel is currently bombing Gaza. It seems clear what probably happened, but till multiple international sources can confirm one or another version then I'm not inclined to believe the errr revised narrative.

I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.

I didn't mention Hamas for a good reason : I don't trust them either. For me it comes down to, 1. hospitals don't explode themselves 2. Israel is currently bombing Gaza. It seems clear what probably happened, but till multiple international sources can confirm one or another version then I'm not inclined to believe the errr revised narrative.

I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.

Well, also 3. Hamas is currently firing shitloads of rockets at Israel too and it's fully possible one of them could have gone awry.

And I dont think this will ever come out in the wash. Neither side is to be trusted and dear old Hans Blix has retired.

Well, also 3. Hamas is currently firing shitloads of rockets at Israel too and it's fully possible one of them could have gone awry.

And I dont think this will ever come out in the wash. Neither side is to be trusted and dear old Hans Blix has retired.

1. Hamas does not have rockets that can cause that level of destruction.

2. For an example when a Hamas rocket has gone astray and how much damage it caused see here 2021 Jabalia accident - Wikipedia

3. The only independently verified video clearly shows a missile under propulsion at high velocity hitting the hospital.

We had some sort of cease fire and plans for further peace talks and Hamas didn't want that, which started this latest round in the first place.
My way or the Highway...a peace plan written by and largely favouring the demands of just one side with no input from the other has never worked before and I think we all know this one like all the rest was put forward with the intention that history would be replayed.

firing for effect.

I have no problem with a detached cynicism with regards to what the Israeli state says, but to not afford the same to Hamas, a group that also lies as easily and regularly as it breathes, seems a bit odd/ridiculously niave...

Its also not just about those two actors.

Has anybody even quoted Hamas on this? Including news outlets like Al-Jazeera? Is anybody paying the slightest bit of attention to what Hamas are saying on anything? Not saying they should be but what on earth are you talking about?

I personally don't think Israel would squander all the global love they were getting by doing something like that.
something like a thing that theyve done repeatedly over and over and over and over and over...no, they definitely wouldn't do that

"At least 10 hospitals in Gaza have come under attack since Oct. 7, according to data collected by the United Nations."
I think it's fair to say lots of people on this thread have made their minds up.
....perhaps at the point when they said they would continue to bomb hospitals, then did bomb this hospital four days ago, then did it again, then said they'd done it on social media...

According to Palestinian sources quoted in BBC so far 3000 people have died in Gaza so far.

Reminded of Piers Morgan interview posted up here, just wondered if the exchange rate is enough for some here to back a ceasefire called by UN?

Or is the bigger picture whether the hospital bombing was the fault of Hamas or Israel?
And of course calling for a ceasefire will only help Hamas. So what can be done. I really can't say

Listening to to the Arab group in UN press conference last night and it wasn't just the hospital they were going on about. It was knowledge of past history. They also backed the Eyptian government in refusing to take refugees. As the main spokesman said this happened in 48. Once the ordinary people leave they won't be coming back. They backed the resilience of the people of Gaza who are in effect under siege. The parallels with 48 are their. And clear to those who live in the region.

In West Bank the Zionists are gradually doing ethnic cleansing. Attacks / intimidation of farmers, building settlements.

Looking at what's happening and I agree with the Arab group in UN that this is attempt at ethnic cleansing of Gaza

In a rare spasm of honesty the New York Post is now informing its readers that "experts" are predicting "World War Three."

Iran has said it is "inevitable" that "multiple fronts will open." And the Post reckons Russia will join in once they finish off Ukraine.

Wall Street Journal has posted this as well, again saying it is verified. Be good if people would refrain from posting random bullshit from Twitter tbh.
They've verified the video is real and current etc. not where the missile came from, right?

Not saying it wasn't Israel etc etc but the verified video is just verification it's a real video from the conflict.

something like a thing that theyve done repeatedly over and over and over and over and over...no, they definitely wouldn't do that

"At least 10 hospitals in Gaza have come under attack since Oct. 7, according to data collected by the United Nations."

....perhaps at the point when they said they would continue to bomb hospitals, then did bomb this hospital four days ago, then did it again, then said they'd done it on social media...
This is exactly what is wrong. You're making an assumption. The reasons are irrelevant if we're talking about fact and fiction. An assumption is one thing, fact is another. This seems more important than ever nowadays to me.

They've verified the video is real and current etc. not where the missile came from, right?

Not saying it wasn't Israel etc etc but the verified video is just verification it's a real video from the conflict.
They haven't confirmed that it was an Israeli rocket, no. But the idea that that pothole might be the impact crater of that missile is ludicrous. Twitter is full of ludicrous bullshit. Posters need to filter it.

Back
Top Bottom