Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Poraic I Briens report from the encampment of settlers waiting with their children to move into the Gaza Strip was quite something

Finally got around to look at that.

These settlers might not represent majority of Israeli opinion.

However they are not fringe group either. Programme showed three government ministers turn up to their camp.

One the "Equalities Minister". As with a lot in Israel that's not including Palestinians. And she was one of the most vocal

Kept being asked about official government policy on Gaza and settlements and she didn't fully answer that.

Their importance is that they have a lot of experience in the West Bank. They now how far to go and how to get support.

C4 report interviewed volunteer doctor who had also been in Gaza.

He said IDF are using the same tactics. Bombing around hospitals- making it more difficult for staff to access and accusing hospitals of being bases for terrorists.

I don't think it is in any way proportionate but I don't think it is unsurprising. The Israelis are doing what they are doing because they have the military power to do it, because the attack in October last year gave them an excuse to do it; and because nobody is going to stop them doing it: nobody in the West; nobody in Russia or China; nobody in the Arab world. Iran may launch a few tit-for-tat missiles, but can't do anything significant abd are orobably more concerned about the internal security of their problem regime

Hamas has not got the resources to defend the people of Gaza from being murdered by the Israelis. It hasn't even got the resources to protect its own leadership from being killed.

The attack last year was from a marketing perspective spectacular; from a moral perspective wicked, as is the ongoing Israeli slaughter; and from a tactical perspective an absolute disaster.

50,000 people in Gaza have been murdered by the Israelis since the October 7 attack. Hamas has proved incapable of resisting the Israeli onslaught. The attack wasa futile gesture. As to "No Pasaran!" They passed and there was nothing that could stop them.

Respectfully, can I ask you what you are arguing for? I ask because you condemn Israel's actions while making posts that I have trouble reading as anything but justifications for those actions.

Please bear with me here.

For example, you say that the Oct. 7 attacks were futile. Ok, if that is your position, then you would have to argue that there was a different course of action that would meaningfully impact Israel and not invite an indiscriminate slaughter in response. Imagine for a second, if Hamas had managed to eliminate Netanyahu/Gallant and the IDF high command without harming a single civilian in the process, can you honestly say that Israel’s response would have been any less violent? What should Hamas have done? Opt for a slow genocide? Play nice and continue being strangulated?

You also say that the Oct. 7 attacks were immoral and an absolute disaster. To suggest this, you’d have to argue that Israel has no choice in the situation. That the deaths of the Palestinians and foreign aid workers in Gaza are Hamas’ fault. That water and food cannot get to Gazans is Hamas’ fault. That people being buried alive and burned alive is Hamas’ fault. That the refugee camps being bombed is Hamas’ fault. That the population of Gaza is receiving a far greater violence than inflicted by Hamas on Oct. 7 is Hamas’ fault. But you know perfectly well that Israel can stop their occupation and genocide today. You know perfectly well that the government of Israel left their hostages for dead because it refuses to negotiate with Hamas.

So I am wondering why do you choose to hold the oppressed to a moral standard by pointing out the number of the dead? Do you not see that saying that Hamas was morally wrong as they had to know Israel’s retaliation would result in extermination is a position of cowards and fascists?

Please do not take this line of questioning as a personal attack because it isn’t.

Back
Top Bottom