Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I don’t think outsiders have any right to dictate what is appropriate for Palestinian resistance. The idea that there is acceptable resistance and unacceptable resistance is farcical and completely hypocritical.
Who's trying to dictate anything to the Palestinian resistance? All we can do is play the hurler on the ditch. . . And if this latest horror turns out to be for real. . .

I don’t think outsiders have any right to dictate what is appropriate for Palestinian resistance. The idea that there is acceptable resistance and unacceptable resistance is farcical and completely hypocritical.

You don't think there's anything to be said by people in other parts of the world in solidarity with dissenting voices within Palestine. Or Israel? Or anywhere? Solely the business of those with that country's citizenship or nationality or similar? It's all pro-Hamas and everyone else shut-up, full steam ahead for anything they do? Fucking hell.

Last edited:
Utter horseshit. You can't have moral lines you draw in the world?
I don't belive it to be true, but this post is after a report of babies being beheaded?

Fuck me, Fuck me

Edit - the post you quoted for someone I happen to have an ignore. If that was not clear.

This is interesting on Netanyahu and Hamas.

972mag is very good. I'd recommend them for people who want to read Palestinian and Israeli writers many of whom live there.

We haven't lived our whole lives in an Israeli-run prison colony, discriminated against and threatened every day of our lives, loved ones regularly seen needlessly dying, dispossessed and mostly forgotten by the rest of the world. A bit of humility is due, at the very least, from those of us who criticise.

I'll believe the baby story when I see it in Haaretz or the JP - not saying it's not true, it wouldn't surprise me - it's just there's a lots of excitable/panicked/deranged people posting on SM.

The BBC is having a bit of a mare this week - they're still reporting tensions between Vortigern and the Hengist PMC....

Israel’s Channel 12 reports that Israeli officials warned their Egyptian counterparts against supplying aid to the besieged Gaza strip, saying they would conduct airstrikes on trucks carrying supplies to the area.

Shortly after the announcement, convoys of fuel trucks and Egyptian goods due to enter Gaza via the southern border crossing with Egypt “retreated from the Rafah crossing,” said Channel 12. The crossing is currently closed indefinitely.

I don’t see how anyone can defend this as ‘resistance’ or anything other than terrorism.

Hen Mazzig is not only unapologetic for his Zionism, he even sees it as a blueprint for the rest of the world. His homogenization of Hamas as baby beheaders is not exactly coming from an unbiased slant. It is also only one unqualified sentence from that news report - unqualified except for "that's what they (the IDF) told us".

We haven't lived our whole lives in an Israeli-run prison colony, discriminated against and threatened every day of our lives, loved ones regularly seen needlessly dying, dispossessed and mostly forgotten by the rest of the world. A bit of humility is due, at the very least, from those of us who criticise.

A bit of humility is due from those of us who criticise, what?

The rape and murder of kids?

Why is it hypocritical to advocate an ethical standard?

I'll believe the baby story when I see it in Haaretz or the JP - not saying it's not true, it wouldn't surprise me - it's just there's a lots of excitable/panicked/deranged people posting on SM.

The BBC is having a bit of a mare this week - they're still reporting tensions between Vortigern and the Hengist PMC....

There is a video online. I lasted about 3 seconds and almost vomited. A roomful of very young kids with their throats cut, dont know about the beheadings but no way I could make it any further.

Before we fall out before the Urban Christmas Drinks might I suggest time out, or a breather away from the thread, or just stepping back from the last few pages?

This issue hasn't been resolved for hundreds of years, we won't resolve anything in 40 pages of an internet forum.

The US press reports that there is no corroboration for the claims of rape at the festival. As there is no corroboration for the beheading claims.

Back
Top Bottom