Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Before we fall out before the Urban Christmas Drinks might I suggest time out, or a breather away from the thread, or just stepping back from the last few pages?

This issue hasn't been resolved for hundreds of years, we won't resolve anything in 40 pages of an internet forum.
Which problem hasn't been resolved for "hundreds of years"? You're just repeating unthinkingly the same old shit that is usually pumped out by bores about Ireland or the Balkans.

I'm keen to know how much support Hamas have among regular Gazans for this action.

Like the people who are going to pay for it.

I saw a doctor from Liverpool who's stuck in there at the moment being interviewed. The presenter asked him that very question and he said he hadn't heard anyone who didnt support what was going on. But then you'd hardly raise your voice given the situation.

Israel’s Channel 12 reports that Israeli officials warned their Egyptian counterparts against supplying aid to the besieged Gaza strip, saying they would conduct airstrikes on trucks carrying supplies to the area.

Shortly after the announcement, convoys of fuel trucks and Egyptian goods due to enter Gaza via the southern border crossing with Egypt “retreated from the Rafah crossing,” said Channel 12. The crossing is currently closed indefinitely.

Cutting off utilities alone will end up backfiring on the current support for Israel if Netanyahu doesn't restore it soon. Then this seems to be a slap in the face to a country that tried to help prevent the massacre. I assume Israel might see the trucks as delivering weapons??

What we'd like is people to whom we offer support and solidarity, be they Ukrainian or Palestinian or whoever, to behave in ways which we can support, assaulting military targets, not slaughtering babies and so on. But we're dealing with people who may have themselves seen unspeakable things and lived in conditions that are appalling. People brought up in gaza on tales of deir yassin and so on are likely to view the zionists, the people on the other side of the wall, rather differently than us, from our learned information about gaza, about zionist atrocities. Were we in their position, I expect we hope we'd behave differently.

Guy from the Australian rally where some chanted "gas the jews" claims he strove to shut those flaming galahs up.

What we'd like is people to whom we offer support and solidarity, be they Ukrainian or Palestinian or whoever, to behave in ways which we can support, assaulting military targets, not slaughtering babies and so on. But we're dealing with people who may have themselves seen unspeakable things and lived in conditions that are appalling. People brought up in gaza on tales of deir yassin and so on are likely to view the zionists, the people on the other side of the wall, rather differently than us, from our learned information about gaza, about zionist atrocities. Were we in their position, I expect we hope we'd behave differently.
yes, this says what I was trying to say, but better.

Yes. Most of the people who live in the Gaza Strip are from families who were expelled from what is now the State of Israel in 1948. Suffering does not ennoble people.
I know of a case in Derry in the "Troubles" in Ireland when passers-by were spitting on a wounded British soldier as he lay bleeding on the pavement.

Yes. Most of the people who live in the Gaza Strip are from families who were expelled from what is now the State of Israel in 1948. Suffering does not ennoble people.
I know of a case in Derry in the "Troubles" in Ireland when passers-by were spitting on a wounded British soldier as he lay bleeding on the pavement.
You expected what, first aid?

Back
Top Bottom