Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I have very belatedly realised I followed this guy, and he in fact followed me (goodness knows why). I did not realise he was an academic, so very sad. Which brings me to something which I have seen touched on on Twitter and now it seems rather obvious to me. There is a deliberate strategy being conducted here to erase Palestinian society and culture from Gaza. Academics, journalists and healthcare professionals; anyone who can speak for or care for ordinary Palestinian people are being deliberately targeted. On top of that we have this:

'Israel destroyed Central Archives of Gaza City': Head of Gaza Municipality

View attachment 403419

Just in case anyone was under any misapprehension as to what is going on here.
There is no doubt, this is what genocide looks like

First I’ve heard of the use of barrel bombs in this conflict.
Fucking hell.

That may be a mistranslation, possibly meant bunker bomb.

But on the topic of barrel bombs, fun fact, Israel invented them to use them on…Palestinians during the first Nakba.

That may be a mistranslation, possibly meant bunker bomb.

But on the topic of barrel bombs, fun fact, Israel invented them to use them on…Palestinians during the first Nakba.

Yeah, I couldn’t find anything backing that up (stumbled across your fun fact while I was looking, though).

A badly burned toddler screaming for the mother he doesn’t know is dead – and screaming because doctors do not have enough painkillers to relieve his suffering. An eight-year-old boy whose brain is exposed as bombing damaged parts of his skull. A teenage girl, her eye surgically removed, because every bone in her face is smashed. A three-year-old double amputee, whose severed limbs are laid out in a pink box beside him.

And in the background is the stench of rotting flesh as maggots “creep out of untreated wounds”.

This is the daily reality at the European Hospital inside the southern Gazacity of Khan Younis, as described by veteran British war surgeon Tom Potokar, who works for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).

————————

If you oppose this you’re an antisemite.

Even if they were hamas - I'm not suggesting or saying they were - even if they were surrendered hamas fighters, killing them would prevent others making the same mistake. And as they were civilians kidnapped and it seems summarily murdered - what else is it but a war crime and genocide in action? There's no answer but the zionist entity must be destroyed and some equitable polity replace it and the Palestinian Authority throughout the lands of the ze, gaza and the wb
As you say, even if they were Hamas, the execution of POWs is crime, as is (I believe) parading and photoing them like in the post above.

I don't expect any repercussions from the so-called International community though, which itself speaks volumes.

several hundred people killed in last 24hrs with some of the most intense bombing seen so far...Jabalia refugee camp seemingly taking the worst of it....British press has officially moved on...BBCs main isr/pal stories

BBC.png

you don't seem to have looked at the mail this morning. and you've missed a couple of stories off the bbc website
View attachment 403442
you think thats better? everyone is tired and exhausted?
a flick through the papers suggests a deliberate omission of the intensity of the killing that is going on....those above are all post-war stories...hundreds killed in bombing of a refugee camp is no longer news

They're still trying to do that 'balance' thing. So a story about a named dead Palestinian is 'balanced' by a story about a named dead Israeli. Story about Palestinian trauma is 'balanced' by a story about Israeli trauma. You wouldn't know from the headlines that the last two months have been a continual slaughter of civilians by Israel.

They're still trying to do that 'balance' thing. So a story about a named dead Palestinian is 'balanced' by a story about a named dead Israeli. Story about Palestinian trauma is 'balanced' by a story about Israeli trauma. You wouldn't know from the headlines that the last two months have been a continual slaughter of civilians by Israel.
They the entire British press?

a flick through the papers suggests a deliberate omission of the intensity of the killing that is going on....those above are all post-war stories...hundreds killed in bombing of a refugee camp is no longer news
I agree; there is no proportionality to the coverage

Independent press standards organisation

As you're oft to point out when a poster just posts a link: what do you think though?
It is clearly, if you cared to take the trouble to think, a tongue in cheek response to ska invita, offering a possible channel to pursue his complaint about the quality of the British press. It's not like posting a video or tweet with no comment or association to another post. But no one who says something like oft to point out has engaged brain before posting imo.

I know some people dislike 'flag shagging' on here and the nationalist symbolic associations of flags. I don't like flags myself ordinarily. But in this instance, what other symbol could you use to make the point so perfectly? Right now, this flag symbolises resistance to oppressors, occupiers, murderers and colonialism.

Formulaic anti-political anarchism. No war but class war, workers power and no state solution. But given there's immediate and pressing political problems - Palestinian national self-determination, ending the blockade, right of refugees to return - such anti-political formulae seem very finger waggy. There's never been a better time to shag a flag.

Yes, given that this is the world we live in, advocating against 'statist' solutions for people who currently have no state seems very silly to me. To be stateless in this world is to be in a very desperate situation.

It is clearly, if you cared to take the trouble to think, a tongue in cheek response to ska invita, offering a possible channel to pursue his complaint about the quality of the British press. It's not like posting a video or tweet with no comment or association to another post. But no one who says something like oft to point out has engaged brain before posting imo

Obviously your intention, then. Some might realise that, but then again, if you'd made a statement to that effect even more would. I think you've become so immersed in your own world on the various forums on this board, that you presume a superiority that is not warranted. You're a decent critic, but don't put forward answers. And hate criticism of yourself.

Obviously your intention, then. Some might realise that, but then again, if you'd made a statement to that effect even more would. I think you've become so immersed in your own world on the various forums on this board, that you presume a superiority that is not warranted. You're a decent critic, but don't put forward answers. And hate criticism of yourself.
I'm fine with criticism, perhaps you could offer some that's actually got a factual basis instead of the flaccid nonsense you've posted

Back
Top Bottom