Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Wonder what to make of this?

'The German government wants to campaign for the first time in the EU for sanctions against radical Jewish settlers in the occupied West Bank. This will be brought forward at the EU foreign ministers' meeting next Monday, a spokesman for the Foreign Office announced in Berlin on Wednesday.'

There is some small print which seems to imply that such sanction could run parallel with sanctions against Hamas

You'll need chrome to translate from German

Israel are claiming to have captured a whole lot of Hamas fighters who have 'crawled' out of tunnels:

however this is being refuted:

Even if they were hamas - I'm not suggesting or saying they were - even if they were surrendered hamas fighters, killing them would prevent others making the same mistake. And as they were civilians kidnapped and it seems summarily murdered - what else is it but a war crime and genocide in action? There's no answer but the zionist entity must be destroyed and some equitable polity replace it and the Palestinian Authority throughout the lands of the ze, gaza and the wb

Wonder what to make of this?

'The German government wants to campaign for the first time in the EU for sanctions against radical Jewish settlers in the occupied West Bank. This will be brought forward at the EU foreign ministers' meeting next Monday, a spokesman for the Foreign Office announced in Berlin on Wednesday.'

There is some small print which seems to imply that such sanction could run parallel with sanctions against Hamas

You'll need chrome to translate from German
Laudable though it may be, you just know the extremist settlers will absolutely make hay out of it. Along the lines of "see, the Germans are at it again!" ...whilst conveniently ignoring/minimising the sanctions being equally imposed vs Hamas...

Laudable though it may be, you just know the extremist settlers will absolutely make hay out of it. Along the lines of "see, the Germans are at it again!" ...whilst conveniently ignoring/minimising the sanctions being equally imposed vs Hamas...
The US did the same a couple of days ago apparently. However, I'm not sure where the motivation within Germany has come from or how it fits with Germany's current internal and external policies regarding the conflict. For example, applicants for citizenship in Saxon-Anhalt will have to commit to their belief in Israel’s right to exist.

I disagree with that reading....that narrative is cover for what is actually happening. The idea its teaching naughty Palestinians Dont Do It Again suggests once the lesson is learned they can come back in the classroom and behave. This is forced expulsion of all from school then bombing the school to be sure.

Im not saying I agree with it.

Trying to look at what IDF tactics are and what IDF/ government think they are doing.

The Dahiya doctrine was first developed to combat Hezbolloh.

My reason for bringing it up is that our leaders Biden and people like Starmer say they support Israels right to defend itself but add it has to be proportionate.

The whole point of IDF military strategy endorsed by Israel governments is that it is not supposed to be proportionate.

Our leaders advisors must know this. Yet the same line is trotted out.

Secondly what Ive been quoting is not conspiracy loon stuff or hidden from public view. Its out their on public view and Israel arent denying it.

That is destroying civilian infrastructure/ killing civilians and not engaging in a proportionate war.

These are things that imo should be referred to the ICC.

Listening to to Al Jazeera last night and attempts to refer Israel to ICC have made little progress in last nine years.

Contrast with Putin.

What gets me is that one does not have to go for conspiracy loon stuff.

In plain view and in the proven history of Israel as a state it has oppressed the indigenous people the Palestinians to set up a state for itself.

Racism is built into the Israeli state from its founding.

Even if they were hamas - I'm not suggesting or saying they were - even if they were surrendered hamas fighters, killing them would prevent others making the same mistake. And as they were civilians kidnapped and it seems summarily murdered - what else is it but a war crime and genocide in action? There's no answer but the zionist entity must be destroyed and some equitable polity replace it and the Palestinian Authority throughout the lands of the ze, gaza and the wb
Yes, in the course of this conflict I have moved to a one state solution

The person who wrote this was apparently killed today

I have very belatedly realised I followed this guy, and he in fact followed me (goodness knows why). I did not realise he was an academic, so very sad. Which brings me to something which I have seen touched on on Twitter and now it seems rather obvious to me. There is a deliberate strategy being conducted here to erase Palestinian society and culture from Gaza. Academics, journalists and healthcare professionals; anyone who can speak for or care for ordinary Palestinian people are being deliberately targeted. On top of that we have this:

'Israel destroyed Central Archives of Gaza City': Head of Gaza Municipality

1701993432626.png

Just in case anyone was under any misapprehension as to what is going on here.

Last edited:
Tbh they'll be queuing for miles to join a successor organisation to hamas which will take on the mantle of resistance to the zionist entity, whether that group be islamist or secular. It's not like bloody Sunday broke the irish republican will to resist. The zionists have made much, and had much made of, their way of warfare in which idf thinkers have read such texts as 1000 plateaus. But they haven't looked as perhaps they should at elements of the Jewish history of resistance. At the Warsaw ghetto rising. At subterranean operations during that battle. At the treblinka uprising. If in the face of nazi efforts to destroy the Jews the Jews continued to resist, why should Palestinians curtail their resistance in the face of the genocidal zionist onslaught? People are just plain contrary and oppressors will never understand why the oppressed don't just give up
Take your point.

Its not a foregone conclusion that the IDF strategy is working. Whilst causing huge civilian deaths and casualties is there evidence that Hamas military capacity been much reduced?

Was watching Inside Story on Al Jazeera tonight.

It was about weapons supplies and counter insurgency strategy.

One person on it said the IDF Iron Fist approach historically does not work.

The pronouncement at beginning of this from Israel that they would destroy Hamas was a mistake.

All Hamas fighters have to do know is hang on in there and survive in order to claim a victory.

Against this all the people on it said that without steady supplies of weapons/ spare parts for fighter jets etc Israel could not continue this war at this level.

Biden and the west countries could easily stop Israel. Just stop supplying them. They wont do that.

Third thing the person from the campaign against arms trade reckoned some politicians could be held up as aiding and abetting war crimes for helping Israel obtain military hardware that is used in Gaza

Back
Top Bottom