Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

The words of Rabbi Dov Fischer may not be good for your mental health or blood pressure:

Edited: he's mad as a box of frogs

I'd like to think he'd recognise gaza was very much like a ghetto, a ghetto for which all Israeli electors bear some culpability. But he's as mad as a coot.

Yeh but now he's introduced the Hitler thing perhaps he might reflect on the years of keeping Palestinians in what looks very much like a ghetto, for which all the Israeli voters might be considered culpable
You seriously imagine he's going to do any reflecting of that nature? I would agree he should but let's be honest what are the actual chances of that bearing in mind what he's written there?

The US press reports that there is no corroboration for the claims of rape at the festival. As there is no corroboration for the beheading claims.
Is it thought that the eye witnesses were lying?

Yes which is why i edited before you posted
Lol now I am confused (not difficult tbh). You edited your post, fair enough but I was still looking at the original when I replied. I think we can both agree he's mad as a box of frogs, and not in a good way either, and that kinda precludes any reflecting for my money anyway.

You’re replying to a post made on October 10 with statements taken from later dates. So it doesn’t contradict what I said about those US press reports.

Many things have changed since then. Including both the fact that rapes clearly were carried out and that thousands of women have been killed in retaliation.

Last edited:
"Kamal Adwan Hospital, Beit Lahiya"

wow Beit Lahiya, thats right on the frontline border with Israel...incredible its still standing..
.IDF destroying anything left around Northern Gaza it sounds like based on recent reports ....“We are in the most intense day since the beginning of the ground operation,in terms of terrorists killed, the number of firefights, and the use of firepower from the land and air”.

If there’s any truth to this perhaps intelligence agencies should set up an alert system on trading spikes?

There was a very famous trade that made stacks of dosh when the Twin Towers were hit. The guy who made the trade does the interview / dinner party / podcast circuit these days iirc.

This was a bit of quick thinking before they closed the markets rather than anything anticipatory, though.

There was a very famous trade that made stacks of dosh when the Twin Towers were hit. The guy who made the trade does the interview / dinner party / podcast circuit these days iirc.

This was a bit of quick thinking before they closed the markets rather than anything anticipatory, though.
A bit of quick thinking that must have been inspired by other odd patterns on the day, though

There is probably a point where the humanitarian situation in Al Mawasi is so horrific that either

1) Biden says enough is enough and there's a permanent cease fire
2) Sisi agrees to take in the remaining Gazan population into the Sinai
3) The remaining Gazan population escapes into the Sinai anyway
4) Hizbollah and maybe Iran intervene militarily

I've no idea when the breaking points will break. At the minute the Americans in particular are playing a game of brinkmanship with 2.2 million lives.

This stuff about short selling, which may or may not have happened, may or may not have benefitted Hamas... I'm struggling to give a shit about it. In fact, it's a moment of dark humour in a sea of filth. Capitalism doing what it does and supporters of capital getting hot under the collar about their own vultures. 'You can make a profit off those murderous attacks, those, those, those as well... but not those!'

Urbanites with long memories will recall this being mentioned in post 8633

These and other reports suggest something hideous happened in terms of sexual violence. And even against the decades of oppression, there's no 'but', there can be no decent way of even modifying criticism of that sexual violence as a result of Israel's wider actions. The only thing that remains to me is a concern about independent verification and a sense of this being swept up into Israel's overall propaganda effort. Hideous things clearly happened on and after the 7th, but I have an awful feeling we'll never truly know the true picture. Which is also depressing. :(

Back
Top Bottom