Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

For those expecting the ceasefire to stand, Netanyahu tonight

"There is no situation in which we do not go back to fighting until the end. This is my policy. The entire security cabinet is behind it. The entire government is behind it. The soldiers are behind it. The people are behind it - this is exactly what we will do."
He would say that, wouldn't he?

Are you seriously suggesting the Israeli government let this happen on purpose?
What we can say with certainty is that the Israeli government is using the Hamas attack as a pretext for attempting a genocide in Gaza. Did they want to attempt a genocide in Gaza or were they forced into it? We know that at least some of those in government actively want the genocide to happen and that those are the people getting their way right now. They're not interested in peace. They're not even interested in destroying Hamas really. They're interested in killing/evicting two million people from the Gaza Strip.

I'm feeling a bit sick this morning after the resumption of the slaughter. And I certainly don't put it past many in this Israeli government having allowed this to happen. Are you seriously suggesting it's impossible? Have you seen who the Israeli security minister is? The murderous bastard threatened to bring down the government if the slaughter was not restarted.

What we can say with certainty is that the Israeli government is using the Hamas attack as a pretext for attempting a genocide in Gaza. Did they want to attempt a genocide in Gaza or were they forced into it? We know that at least some of those in government actively want the genocide to happen and that those are the people getting their way right now. They're not interested in peace. They're not even interested in destroying Hamas really. They're interested in killing/evicting two million people from the Gaza Strip.

I'm feeling a bit sick this morning after the resumption of the slaughter. And I certainly don't put it past many in this Israeli government having allowed this to happen. Are you seriously suggesting it's impossible? Have you seen who the Israeli security minister is? The murderous bastard threatened to bring down the government if the slaughter was not restarted.
well said

Not saying it's impossible, but I think it's more likely a case of gross negligence and intelligence failure rather than a case of them thinking "Oh that would be great if Hamas murdered a load of our citizens, then we could really bomb the fuck out of them"

Netanyahu's a bad, bad guy - but he's also incredibly arrogant. So inaction over warnings about what was being planned in Gaza can be put down to his arrogance, and the racism which accompanies it in his case.

Not saying it's impossible, but I think it's more likely a case of gross negligence and intelligence failure rather than a case of them thinking "Oh that would be great if Hamas murdered a load of our citizens, then we could really bomb the fuck out of them"
They wouldn't have known that 1200 Israelis would die. But in the case of Ben Gvir, I would absolutely see him thinking like that, yes.

"Israel’s military announced on Friday morning that it was dividing the entirety of Gaza into dozens of numbered blocks as a prelude, it said, to demanding targeted local evacuations in the crowded south of the strip before planned bombing. It dropped leaflets on to Gaza with a QR code to a website with a map of all the areas and geolocating people within them."

Computer says kill everyone, number by number
the map
no "humanitarian zones" or safe routes on the map

As stated Khan Younis - the hub, the Gaza City of the south - is first to be destroyed. Theyre true to their word, people should listen to what they say more closely

Last edited:
Last edited:

Even the liberal US cable network won't tolerate too much criticism of Israel.

MSNBC cancels Mehdi Hasan, a truth-teller in a time of crisis​

No high-profile journalist has been more assertive about Palestinian rights than Mehdi Hasan, and MNSBC punished him on Thursday by taking away the TV shows he hosted on the network and on NBC’s streaming service.
Does this mean that standing up for Palestinians is a death sentence in the mainstream media – even at MSNBC?
Hasan is also hands-down the best interviewer in American news right now. He confronts and enlightens. He should be on TV every night.
A signal moment came on November 16, when Hasan cross-examined Mark Regev, senior advisor to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and Regev actually tried to deny that Israelis have killed children in Gaza. (At least 5,500 have died from Israeli action.)

MSNBC cancels Mehdi Hasan, a truth-teller in a time of crisis | Press Watch

"Israel’s military announced on Friday morning that it was dividing the entirety of Gaza into dozens of numbered blocks as a prelude, it said, to demanding targeted local evacuations in the crowded south of the strip before planned bombing. It dropped leaflets on to Gaza with a QR code to a website with a map of all the areas and geolocating people within them."

Computer says kill everyone, number by number
the map
no "humanitarian zones" or safe routes on the map

As stated Khan Younis - the hub, the Gaza City of the south - is first to be destroyed. Theyre true to their word, people should listen to what they say more closely
Fucking QR code. Like they haven’t already destroyed/shut off mobile networks and power. What fucking good is that?

and why warn people to evacuate before bombing? Surely any ‘legit’ targets will also leave, meaning you’re just destroying homes and infrastructure, as if they’ve stopped pretending making the place unliveable wasn't the point.

A signal moment came on November 16, when Hasan cross-examined Mark Regev, senior advisor to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and Regev actually tried to deny that Israelis have killed children in Gaza. (At least 5,500 have died from Israeli action.)
I would like to see that interview, I have disliked Regev for many years, he was the doublespeak spokesman on Israel's wars in the past, has been the Ambassador to the UK while Labour were struggling with their anti-semite row (and I don't think those two facts are unrelated), now he is again spokesperson for Netanyahu, for the war. A very nasty piece of work.

eta just saw the interview on that link on TomUS's post, Mark Regev is beyond redemption.

Last edited:

It was a massive humiliation for Israeli intelligence and military. I'm certain it was cock up not conspiracy.

Yeah, just smacks of conspiracism a bit. They wouldn’t have desired this murderous assault, but the political capital it gave them was more than welcome. Same with the Sept 11th attacks on the US, people thinking ‘now what can I do with this, what scores can I settle?’.

They wouldn’t have desired this murderous assault
Ben Gvir? I don't trust him not to have used his position as security minister to ensure the threat was downplayed, hoping that something would happen to give him an excuse to rain down revenge. He may not have been hoping for 1200 dead, but some yes, enough to constitute an atrocity, particularly if the dead came from the ranks of the pinko kibbutzim that surround Gaza.

I'm not saying he did do that. I have no way of knowing. But would I put it past him? Absolutely not.

Doesn't have to be cock up or conspiracy. Can be a bit of both. I would characterise the way Netanyahu enabled the development of Hamas as a combination of cock up and conspiracy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom