Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Nope I think you need evidence before suggesting figures are distorted.
I don't need evidence to ask questions. Statistics are being used by politicians and the media to affect our understandings and the slant we take on the Gaza conflict. The figures on racist/religious incidents are regularly compared, Jewish versus Muslim. So it matters if the figures are compiled, verified and reported differently. Added to that we have recent history in the Labour Party of exaggerated and false claims used by the right wing and Zionists to discredit Corbyn and the left. We also have an Israeli establishment which deliberately confuses anti Zionism with antisemitism. This tactic is widely used by the likes of Suella Braverman. So it is not unreasonable to ask the question about invalid claims. I had hoped that somebody might have some actual knowledge or educated impression, one way or another, because that can happen on urban.
There are other areas where the use of statistics in this conflict should be open to scrutiny. If i get the time I'll try and put down my thoughts on this another time, Something to look forward to,eh?

just FYI, a little doc about the background of the situation. I forgot about this until today. might be interesting.some grim scenes in it tho/ probably most know the situation but yeh

You can't destroy so much, throw asymetrical might into a barbaric siege, and not expect consequences. No one wins.

I was thinking today about how I would feel if I was say 8-9 years old and saw my parents or siblings blown to pieces. It's just so crude strategically too. It's like carpet-bombing Belfast if there was a deadly IRA bomb in England.

The original atrocity was obviously set as a trap. But there is no going back now. Who the fuck wants war? Not Israelis. Not Palestinians. They are trying to private them and starve them into what? Submission? What does that look like? Getting out I think.

You can't destroy so much, throw asymetrical might into a barbaric siege, and not expect consequences. No one wins.

benjamin netanyahu is 74 , he trying to create a legacy and legend for himself

that what most of this is about its his life work

benjamin netanyahu is 74 , he trying to create a legacy and legend for himself

that what most of this is about its his life work

Well he is a yahoo. What it is about in terms of 'the west' is centrists throwing the towel in and turning on the old ways of humanitarianism and solidarity. They've apparently seen which way the wind is blowing and decided the system being developed is inevitable. Authoritarian blocs.

Boris tried it Trump tried it, it was rejected. This in an era of massive uncertain climate change.

would not call Boris or trump centrists by any margin..

and trump and Boris are not finished as of yet

bojo will keep shitting all over the Tories till he is the only option available

with India and China on the rise expect more populist leaders from the west

as for here starmer is so shit scared of being labeled the next Corbyn.

he does not know which way to turn. as he see himself as the home of the unhappy Tory voters even it means losing labour voices along the way
Blair 2.0

would not call Boris or trump centrists by any margin..

and trump and Boris are not finished as of yet

bojo will keep shitting all over the Tories till he is the only option available

with India and China on the rise expect more populist leaders from the west

as for here starmer is so shit scared of being labeled the next Corbyn.

he does not know which way to turn. as he see himself as the home of the unhappy Tory voters even it means losing labour voices along the way
Blair 2.0

I didn't say Trump or Johnson were there. 'New Labour' are by definition. And we all know what happened last time. Genocide of Iraqis.

Saint Jeremy wasn't a credible leader. He's a protester and not much more. He wasn't supposed to be there. He was a time wasting flake.

Pining for him or wishing for an elactorate other than the one we've got is futile.

sorry where did i pine for Corbyn

just pointed out the currently leader of the labour party cannot even call for a cease fire
because he is afraid of be tarred and feathered in the same way saint Jeremy (your terminology btw) was
by the right wing press of the united kingdom

Sorry I didn't realise that on Urban 75 every observation was reserved soley for the purposes of disagreeing with and criticising the person who quoted you. The one saying you had said something you obviously didn't of course. Because I mentioned the IRA.

I didn't say you pine for Corbyn. I didn't say Trump or Johnson are centrists. Christ, look in the mirror ok fella

reeling your neck in for 5 minutes might be a start

replied to your post after quoting me initially
you got the wrong end of the stick in my reply

started mentioned the IRA for some reason
but its me causing the row

lovely

reeling your neck in for 5 minutes might be a start

replied to your post after quoting me initially
you got the wrong end of the stick in my reply

started mentioned the IRA for some reason
but its me causing the row

lovely

See this is where they get me. I'm the one disrupting the thread because no ones interested.

I'm supposed to 'reel my neck in'.

I made a post a post 6728 that I stand by.

Some wreckhead fella takes offence and plays games with anything I say.

you ask why this is happening i remarked that its because benjamin netanyahu wanting to leave a legacy

you are now on a beer fuel tangent i believe

good luck with that

your bringing this up in a thread about israel at 2:38 in the morning because you have some underlying prejudice you want to get off your chest?

you tell me

STOP it and go to fucking bed. Should be ashamed of yourselves. This is all horrendous, but you still gotta have the last word from the comfort of your living room. Makes me feel sick.

I haven't said anything wrong mister/miss moral high ground. Fuck off. Fuck your thread.

Back
Top Bottom