Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

They are a vile bunch (the Tories, obviously). From bits and bobs on the news, it sounds like Cruella is now stigmatising anyone who joins pro-Palestinian marches, the horrible shite that she is. See, there is actually worse than Sir Keith...

They are a vile bunch (the Tories, obviously). From bits and bobs on the news, it sounds like Cruella is now stigmatising anyone who joins pro-Palestinian marches, the horrible shite that she is. See, there is actually worse than Sir Keith...

You say that but its Sue-Ellen’s job to be evil. For keith, this is optional. In my mind this makes his position far less justifiable.

If nothing else they'll have read it in news reports. I imagine they will be distinctly unimpressed.
They will try to do what the US tells them. Sisi got in via a US backed coup remember. A coup brought about to remove the elected Muslim brotherhood who were supportive to the Palestinians and allowed loads of Rafah tunnels and more.

They will try to do what the US tells them. Sisi got in via a US backed coup remember. A coup brought about to remove the elected Muslim brotherhood who were supportive to the Palestinians and allowed loads of Rafah tunnels and more.
I see where you are coming from but in this instance Sisi runs the risk of pissing off the masses no end and they are already unhappy. Biden will also be aware of this hence the conciliatory noises from him that I posted this morning.

Labour MP suspended for calling for peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

So saying this is anti semitic:

In his speech at a demonstration on Saturday, Mr McDonald said: "We will not rest until we have justice. Until all people, Israelis and Palestinians, between the river and the sea, can live in peaceful liberty."

What's offensive is labelling this as anti semitic

Which does make you wonder how genuine the exponential rise in antisemitic hate crimes is. The term 'antisemitism' has lost its meaning for some. The problem with that is as I have just said. So I'm now suspicious when Jewish schools are closed as a precaution. Is it real? Is it the result of misunderstandings? Is it untrue? How can I tell? I'm not going to trawl through hundreds of claims to try and assess their veracity.

Which does make you wonder how genuine the exponential rise in antisemitic hate crimes is. The term 'antisemitism' has lost its meaning for some. The problem with that is as I have just said. So I'm now suspicious when Jewish schools are closed as a precaution. Is it real? Is it the result of misunderstandings? Is it untrue? How can I tell? I'm not going to trawl through hundreds of claims to try and assess their veracity.
And is Ukraine responsible for it all?

I have no doubt that this isn't a great time to be visibly Jewish or Muslim.

antisemitic crimes bubble around due to the amount of right wing loons when Israel is not starting wars and the fact that it quite clear by public reaction that what is going on is not popular move ..

can believe that a rise in antisemitic crimes is on the increase..

withstanding that they did try to link being critical of the state of Israel to being antisemitic

which is bullocks

You clearly know very little about the lived experience of Jewish people in this country if you think this nonsense.

I have no doubt that this isn't a great time to be visibly Jewish or Muslim.
Very true. But my point still stands. Just as in the Labour Party under Corbyn the allegations of antisemitism flowed at a rate of knots, false allegations flowed even faster. For political purposes some Zionists are probably more than prepared to exaggerate, to show how bigoted their opponents are. The above example only illustrates this.

I think this is a separate issue.

In the political sphere those saying anti semitism has been weaponised have been proved correct.

Anti semitism is being used as a stick to beat MPs/ Cllrs in Labour party whose view on Palestine does not fit in with Starmer and his lot.

Im sure the suspension of this MP is meant to send a message out to make others afraid of speaking out.

Thats different from any rise in real anti semitism as if affects non politicians.

You clearly know very little about the lived experience of Jewish people in this country if you think this nonsense.
I'm not saying it's not happening. That would be stupid, but you have to question the extent purely because of the disinformation campaigns being waged. Who is verifying the allegations? Whose definition is being used?

Yeah, agreed, of course. But facing this degree of mass murder, of people who were already squeezed, oppressed and in the shit, I almost feel like I can't be arsed doing those qualifications. Don't get me wrong, we need to oppose Islamism, we shouldn't devolve to 'my side right or wrong', but fucking hell, Israel is simply committing mass murder. Its a school shooter with an endless of automatic weapons and a promise that it will never end up in court. :(
One of the many reasons I detest the 'do you condemn?' line of questioning is that it's exhausting. Having to constantly expose your moral compass to people who assume you have none (else they woudln't ask) is tiring emotional labour. Frankly I'm running out of sympathy for the state of Israel. Don't misunderstand, those people who got murdered by Hamas and kidnapped are victims etc ("I condemn...") but Israel chose it's response. What happens now is on them and they are, as you say, committing wanton mass murder with no discernible endgame. I mean, what does defeating Hamas even look like? Is it dliebrately amorphous, so they can keep using it as an excuse to, as they put it, 'mow the lawn' periodically?

I see where you are coming from but in this instance Sisi runs the risk of pissing off the masses no end and they are already unhappy. Biden will also be aware of this hence the conciliatory noises from him that I posted this morning.
It’s a difficult balancing act for Sisi. If he gets it wrong he could definitely end up dead. He is only there as long as he keeps it together.

I'm not saying it's not happening. That would be stupid, but you have to question the extent purely because of the disinformation campaigns being waged. Who is verifying the allegations? Whose definition is being used?

hmm kevbad it is happening but really who would you get to verify and confirm the allegations when it Jewish members of the public reporting them to the police

enough loons about who will use any excuse to target certain elements of the population

gotta remember almost all the right wing conspiracy theories end with blaming the jOos

they will been having a field day atm

Last edited:
Though given he is not shy of attacking his own population with army and police, well you can see where he will likely lean.

Back
Top Bottom