Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

The countries you mention were not the ones referred to. It was the Swiss and the South Koreans.
I was referring to your claim about Israel being unique in having conscripts who are sent out to kill and maim.
The other countries you mentioned don’t have national service that includes killing and maiming people. The IDF are a bit unique like that.
It clearly isn't.

The countries you mention were not the ones referred to. It was the Swiss and the South Koreans.
I was referring to your claim about Israel being unique in having conscripts who are sent out to kill and maim.
The other countries you mentioned don’t have national service that includes killing and maiming people. The IDF are a bit unique like that.
It clearly isn't.

Officers of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps had worked with Hamas since August to devise the air, land and sea incursions –the most significant breach of Israel’s borders since the 1973 Yom Kippur War—those people said.

Details of the operation were refined during several meetings in Beirut attended by IRGC officers and representatives of four Iran-backed militant groups, including Hamas,which holds power in Gaza, and Hezbollah, a Shiite militant group and political faction in Lebanon, they said.

U.S. officials say they haven’t seen evidence of Tehran’s involvement. In an interview with CNN that aired Sunday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said: “We have not yet seen evidence that Iran directed or was behind this particular attack, but there is certainly a long relationship.”

“We don’t have any information at this time to corroborate this account,” said a U.S. official of the meetings.

A European official and an adviser to the Syrian government, however, gave the same account of Iran’s involvement in the lead-up to the attack as the senior Hamas and Hezbollah members.

Asked about the meetings, Mahmoud Mirdawi, a senior Hamas official, said the group planned the attacks on its own. “This is a Palestinian and Hamas decision,” he said.

C&P from the guardian

Iran pivotal here it seems. I dont see Iran geting off scot free on this.

250+ kids slaughtered at the festival. fuckin hell.

Sorry I do not buy that.

Ive already posted my view on this

Post in thread 'October 2023: Gaza strikes against Israel.' October 2023: Gaza strikes against Israel.

I was watching Al Jazeera today and Diana Buttu ( a palestinian) was asked about his statement. She said its nothing new. His view is that Ukraine is Israel and Russia is Hamas.

Unless one thinks he is a complete idiot this is his considered view on the conflict in the light of what he has gone through in Ukraine. His world view if you like.

I do not agree with it.

I'm sure his opinion would change if he didn't have all the support and weapon donations from the west. That's the only reason his people aren't being treated by the Russians in the same way Israel treats the Palestinians.

Does anyone know if the increasing death toll is due to more reports of the initial attack yesterday coming in and being added up, or if they are fresh casualties from clashes today? Somehow it seems unlikely it’s the latter.

Israeli authorities say a lot more bodies were found after remaining Hamas gunmen were cleared out of border communities, not sure if the fighting's still ongoing.

Here comes the US:

nobility-token-nobility.gif

Zelensky is a western puppet. What else is he going to say on the matter?
Do you think the Russians are going to say anything different? Putin's links with Netanyahu are stronger than his links with Zelensky. There will also have been a lot of Israeli/Russian co-nationals murdered in the attack.

And what do you have to say on the matter? Presumably, there is nobody pulling your strings.

download (48).jpeg

Do you think the Russians are going to say anything different? Putin's links with Netanyahu are stronger than his links with Zelensky. There will also have been a lot of Israeli/Russian co-nationals murdered in the attack.

And what do you have to say on the matter? Presumably, there is nobody pulling your strings.

View attachment 394798
Zelensky has to take a standard western line on everything, for obvious reasons. The Russians appear to have said little about it as far as I can see.

I have nothing to say that adds to what others in the thread have already said.

A seemingly made up number that is being reported by no reliable news sources, especially given that the total number of announced Israeli deaths is 450. FWIW it doesn't seem to have been a 'peace festival' either.
Posts that did not age well.

IMG_2247.jpeg

Jesus fuck. 250 young people massacred at a techno festival. Bus stops of civilians mown down in cold blood. Entires families murdered in their homes. Children aged 12 and under taken as hostages. Videos of beheadings posted to social media.

Maybe now might be a good time to condemn the atrocities committed by these people rather than indulging in more rounds of 'yes but what about' wrt the evil shit also committed by the Israeli state.

Fighting is still ongoing in several towns near the Gaza border, with scores more Hamas fighters having crossed the border over the last two days, according to Israeli media.

The level of arrogance and/or incompetence there must have been on the Israeli side leading up to this is astounding - 2.1 million people imprisoned in an area smaller than the Isle of Wight and they apparently didn't even guard the 20-mile border effectively.

Back
Top Bottom