Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

So, why do you think the Israelis have chosen to bomb this hospital on the eve of Biden's visit, knowing what trouble it would cause?

Do you think it's just an accident?
The Israelis would have it that it was a misfired Hamas rocket if the verified old video that is currently circulating on X/Twitter is to be believed. As If. The scale of the explosion and devastation is not even remotely in the same league as a Hamas rocket.

The Israelis would have it that it was a misfired Hamas rocket if the verified old video that is currently circulating on X/Twitter is to be believed. As If. The scale of the explosion and devastation is not even remotely in the same league as a Hamas rocket.

Which are little more than giant fireworks.

So, why do you think the Israelis have chosen to bomb this hospital on the eve of Biden's visit, knowing what trouble it would cause?

Do you think it's just an accident?
It's either an accident the pilot was aiming at a nearby target and hit the hospital by mistake OR Hamas were shooting from the hospital and the IAF whopped them without being bothered with the fact that it was a hospital. I don't think the IDF is deliberately trying to kill Palestinian civilians,they just view them as legitimate collateral damage.
I don't believe they sent a plane to hit a hospital knowing it was just a hospital especially when the one man that they have to keep on side is about to come to the country.
Wasn't a misfiring rocket though that's for sure they're dropping quarter-ton JDAM's and they're near supersonic by the time they hit the ground, a metal tube with a few kilos of TNT stuffed in it doesn't do that kind of damage.

Watching aljazeera now and it’s kicking off in Ramallah against the PA. For those unaware, this is highly unusual. The english reporter, speaking live, has just had to take cover from live gunfire…in Ramallah.
Well the PA have less legitimacy than my cat to run the West Bank. It’s been a long time coming for them given what they have done and I’m cheering the rioters.

It's the BBC! I think they're a media company. I reckon they've got a TV somewhere. It was on AJ an hour ago. Not minutes.

Where does the basis for your last sentence come from?
In this time of fake news and biased media I think we should all want media orgs to take time to do their own fact checking and validation. I see no issue with the way they're reporting it.

You were unhappy with alleged so fair to assume you'd be unhappy about a mistake too!

It's either an accident the pilot was aiming at a nearby target and hit the hospital by mistake OR Hamas were shooting from the hospital and the IAF whopped them without being bothered with the fact that it was a hospital. I don't think the IDF is deliberately trying to kill Palestinian civilians,they just view them as legitimate collateral damage.
I don't believe they sent a plane to hit a hospital knowing it was just a hospital especially when the one man that they have to keep on side is about to come to the country.
Wasn't a misfiring rocket though that's for sure they're dropping quarter-ton JDAM's and they're near supersonic by the time they hit the ground, a metal tube with a few kilos of TNT stuffed in it doesn't do that kind of damage.
Why don’t you think that and why don’t you believe that?

British policies to "keep Palestinians (and Zionists) in line" clearly failed as the defeat and the subsequent shambolic British withdrawal in 1948 proved. Israel, like Jordan,Syria, Iraq and Egypt was and is brutal post-war state but probably had little to learn from the fading colonial power that it defeated, and which Egypt under Nasser went on to defeat again less than a decade later.

The British Army in Palestine | National Army Museum.

The problem post war was not the Palestinians. Zionists had an effective terrorist campaign against the British post war.

What I was talking about was the 1930s when Zionists and British worked together to put down the Arab revolt. Not the post war period.

Zionists learnt from British army/ policing its well practiced methods for putting down colonial revolts. All Im saying is that the Zionists gained useful experience.

Later of course they fell out with the British. With WW2 the British had to back pedal on its support of the Zionists and placate the Arab peoples. Did not go down to well with the Zionists.

The long term consequences to this defeat for Palestinians in Arab revolt was that when the UN partition plan came into being the Palestinians were unable to defend themselves. Their best fighters had been killed in the Arab revolt/ sent into exile. Not only their best fighters but best political leaders.

The British army stood by whilst Zionist paramilitary groups ethnically cleansed Palestinian villages. Zionist groups were well armed. Unlike Palestinians. Even then when they cleansed a village they had lists of names of men suspected of being active in the Arab revolt. These were killed on the spot.

The agreement with the Jordanians and Zionists was that the Jordanians would get the West Bank in exchange for not interfering with Zionist paramilitaries elsewhere. Even then the success of the ethnic cleansing led the Zionist para militaries to take on the Jordanian army. As you say British trained. Jordanian army fought hard and pushed them back.

Unlike the Army Museum website the British did not just leave the two sides to fight it out. As though both were equally matched. Even before Mandate ended Zionist paramilitary groups started the ethnic cleansing. British were still responsible but sat there and did nothing to stop the Zionists.

The Zionists got supplied weapons through efforts of USSR from Czechoslovakia.

Yes the Zionist terrorist campaign worked. Example of a successful terrorist campaign. Leaders of whom later become leaders of the new country.

All in all the Mandate was a shameful period in British history.

Just to add from reading things like Tom Segev One Complete Palestine British at times come across as having contradictory reasons for being their and being at times incompetent. Some who ran British Empire never thought it was a good idea for British to support Zionists. Or that Palestine had much to justify the outlay and expense of managing it. So it was a cock up all round. Did not stop them putting down the Arab revolt. When pushed the Empire got the hard men in.

Last edited:
I can’t see Abbas making a return. So if that’s the case the PA will likely crumble. What then for the West Bank? Have the IDF got the numbers to replace PA forces?

I can’t see Abbas making a return. So if that’s the case the PA will likely crumble. What then for the West Bank? Have the IDF got the numbers to replace PA forces?

The IDF already 'police' most of the West Bank.

Since the 1993 Oslo Accords, the Palestinian Authority officially controls a geographically non-contiguous territory comprising approximately 11% of the West Bank, known as Area A, which remains subject to Israeli incursions. Area B, approximately 28%, is subject to joint Israeli-Palestinian military and Palestinian civil control. Area C, approximately 61%, is under full Israeli control.

This is allegedly the strike on the hospital. One powerful missile.

This was retweeted by Christopher Steele, ex-MI6 head of the Russia desk. So, hardly a bleeding heart liberal or someone who’s easily mislead.

of course this was a failed launch from the ground
as you can hear incoming missile noises

Back
Top Bottom