Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

I'm sure that's the case, my point is it could well be wishful thinking, tanks on the lawn, "lessons in power" or not. Israel is under control of psychopaths whose lifes work is to ethnically cleanse the land within the borders of Israel.

More psychopath rubbish! Neither Hamas not the Israeli Government is led by psychopaths. They are politicians with political strategies and objectives.

Last edited:
This is a really good article in the Guardian going through the timeline of thirty plus years and how and why things are as they are. I disagree with a fair bit of the spin but not the timeline and it’s a rare piece for that paper to put out as it focuses on facts.

I really think it’s worth a read. Especially for those lucky enough to be a lot younger than me.

What to make of this -

Well the last time they went in after that huge bombardment they didn’t stay long. Easier politically to flatten large parts of Gaza. Gas the tunnels they find, possibly rescue a few of the captured then get the fuck out.

This would possibly satisfy political opinion at home and not be so heinous (in Israeli eyes) as to draw in Hezbollah. The latter are surely equipped now in a way they were not in 2006.

One thing occurs to me. If they've transferred most of the population to the south, how are they going to attack Hamas in the south without massive civilian casualties? And I think I've just answered my own question.

Reactions: PTK

Netanyahu is not the Israeli government. Moreover, anyone be they ska invita or a political opponent making a diagnosis of psychopathy based on a half remember Jin Ronqson documentary from 15 years ago should not be taken seriously.

If ska invita can give evidence of having the medical expertise and access to Netanyahu in a clinical context, I might retract but would probably ask for a second opinion first.

Farah in early years did look at one state solution.

With the acceptance of two state solution this was set aside. Now it's clear that two state solution is never going to happen article says to revisit the original conception

The problem with a two-state solution is that it just replicates the original problem. There'd be two ethno-states instead of one.

Netanyahu is not the Israeli government. Moreover, anyone be they ska invita or a political opponent making a diagnosis of psychopathy based on a half remember Jin Ronqson documentary from 15 years ago should not be taken seriously.

If ska invita can give evidence of having the medical expertise and access to Netanyahu in a clinical context, I might retract but would probably ask for a second opinion first.

I don't think ska invita was entirely serious.

Can I just suggest that everyone consider whether the point they're making is really worth it before hitting the post reply button. (not just Tim)

I don't think ska invita was entirely serious.

Can I just suggest that everyone consider whether the point they're making is really worth it before hitting the post reply button. (not just Tim)
I don't know how serious they were or were not. However, I'm not impressed by anyone giving uniformed medical diagnosis, or by the implicit racism and Orientalism of claiming that Jews or Arabs or a certain groups of Jews or Arabs are psychopaths.

I don't know how serious they were or were not. However, I'm not impressed by anyone giving uniformed medical diagnosis, or by the implicit racism and Orientalism of claiming that Jews or Arabs or a certain groups of Jews or Arabs are psychopaths.
Few people here including perhaps kebabking are really in a position of giving uniformed opinions of any sort.

'Hackney Council is facing a backlash from pro-Palestinian campaigners after describing the words ‘Free Palestine’ as “antisemitic”.

---

Hackney Council did not respond when asked to explain why it considers the words ‘Free Palestine’ to be antisemitic."

Back
Top Bottom