Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

This is going to be the war where no one agrees on even a basic version of the facts. I can't be arsed to find it now, but there was someone filmed at a demo claiming that all the anti-Hamas claims were false. You see the problem. That's going to circulate in the global lumpen-left for a long time to come. And even photographic evidence of the kind you describe won't be accepted by same.

And on the other side, unless all 2.4 million Gazans are killed (and maybe not even then) you'll have people say "that doesn't count as genocide, and anyway, they deserved it."

Actually I think this is the first conflict I've ever seen where the basic facts are transparent (at least so far and barring a few quibbles).

Campaign against the Arms Trade statement.

Agree with this. There are things this country can do. One is stop supplying Israeli State military. Or supporting them in any way. Such as sending navy out there.

Since 2015, the UK government has licensed hundreds of millions of pounds worth of military equipment to Israeli forces, including components for the F-35, which, in 2021, an Israeli government spokesperson said were used in attacks on Palestine

We repeat our call for a two-way arms embargo and for the UK to end arms sales and military support for Israeli forces

Campaign against the Arms Trade statement.

Agree with this. There are things this country can do. One is stop supplying Israeli State military. Or supporting them in any way. Such as sending navy out there.

Where in the UK? That place in Brighton?

A quick refresher.

Also

I know about that. I just dont believe he was the force for peace. And yet back then you never saw what we have today. Just so you know, I see both sides in this, Israeli and Palestinian.

UK government licenses arms exports. I think idea is that it can also refuse to license ATMs exports to Israel in general

For anyone who thought Biden's visit would turn down the heat:

1697551572336.jpeg

"there were no conditions being put on the arms and other aid being shipped to Israel."

And why would there be? Even if the initial horror and panic of October 7th has passed, it will only have been replaced by a very deep-seated rage, one that America has no real interest in restraining.

It seems to be the case that the website of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign is suffering a "denial of service" attack, or something, as it “times out” when I try to access it.

It seems to be the case that the website of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign is suffering a "denial of service" attack, or something, as it “times out” when I try to access it.

Is that was it is? I was trying to look it up few hours ago and it would not work

On One State solution remembered reading this article.

Fatah in early years did look at one state solution.

With the acceptance of two state solution this was set aside. Now it's clear that two state solution is never going to happen article says to revisit the original conception

This is Jewish American online journal so looks at US. Says polling says that younger American Jews are sympathetic to Palestinians.

Then the article goes into how concerns of Jewish Israelis can be assuaged in change to one state.

As far as it might seem with recent violence there are other strands to the issue of Palestine/ Israel that can be re started.

Article also says it may be possible to redifine Zionism as attachment to land that is not excluding Palestinians.

I think this article is well worth a read

Offers a way out of present impass

IN 1970, Fatah, the most influential party within the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), released a series of essays collectively entitled, “Towards a Democratic State in Palestine.” The document—written before the PLO accepted the partition of historic Palestine into two states in 1988—declared that the PLO “assumes a great share of the responsibility in winning Jews to the side of the revolution.” To that end, Fatah not only promised that a future democratic Palestine would be devoid of “bias, racism or discrimination,” it also explicitly took up the question of Jewish safety. To Jews who believe their safety depends on oppressing Palestinians, the authors insisted, Palestinians must say “no security in the racist state but all security in the new democratic Palestine.” Repudiating an Algeria-style solution, in which Jews leave the land, the document envisions a country built on “cooperation and tolerance,” where both Arabic and Hebrew are official languages and where Jews—like other communities—have the right to “develop culturally and linguistically as a group

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom