Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Israel warns of Gaza 'holocaust'

Yossi Beilin, the former minister and ex-leader of the left of centre Meretz Party, said that a diplomatic rather than military solution was needed.

He said that Hamas had at least twice made requests "via a third party" to agree a truce. He added: "My solution is to reach a ceasefire with Hamas."

A Haaretz-Dialog poll this week showed that 64 per cent of Israelis were in favour of such an agreement to end the rocket fire, and secure the release of the Israeli corporal, Gilad Shalit, who was abducted by Gaza militants in June 2006.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...result-in-a-palestinian-holocaust-790004.html

But the idiot-Barak says 'No - let's risk some Israeli-kids who are in the IDF's lives and kill a mass of Palestinians - like that has ever caused any positive result in the past - he's a complete and utter ineffectual moron - I bet the Jerusalem Post are loving it - the diaspora hawks and the rapturist antisemites - they want war, they want bloodshed - they want Arabs and Hebrews dead....that is the consequence of their lust to shed blood.

As for Blair - when he uses word "innocent", it plays again to an audience, because the US/IL rightwing don't believe there is any such thing as an innocent Palestinian - how many months has Blair been there as an envoy? Let me tell you - it makes me sick - he is incapable of this job.

Nah ... one person was killed by rockets, a few others injured, and this is just a "reprisal"??

Sorry mate but thats like someone shoving u in a queue and you taking out a hammer and hitting them over the head ... :mad:
Well said, Froggy

My take on it is that the violence of the oppressed is not the same as the violence of the oppressor. No-one in their right mind would equate the violence of a rebelling slave to that of their overseer. And while the Gazans live in a ghetto, where many many of them were in 1948 and later, then the Qassams are probably the only way they can stay on the world's agenda.

Having said that, if I were there I'd be arguing for mass protests about the blockade, Berlin Wall-stylee

I know the majority of ordinary people on both sides want peace, but their leaders are just a bunch of betraying bastards.
I think the Palestinians want justice and the bulk of Israelis want the status quo vis a vis the lands stolen over the generations from the Palestinians. That's the sticking point

Why, so Israeli 18-21 year olds can be ordered to gun down en masse fleeing Palestinians?:hmm:
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Of course not. So, the Israelis can be shamed into letting Gazans have their freedom in their own land

And so young IDFers are put in a position where mutiny is an option. Some have - to their credit - refused to brutalise Palestinians before. That needs to happen on a wider scale

Of course not. So, the Israelis can be shamed into letting Gazans have their freedom in their own land

That's not what will happen. If the border with Israel is breached, then the fleeing Palestinians will be gunned down - murdered - as they flee.

Better to pray for the Egyptian border with Gaza to be breached so that the Gazans can escape the onslaught.

I think the Palestinians want justice and the bulk of Israelis want the status quo vis a vis the lands stolen over the generations from the Palestinians. That's the sticking point

I agree. Israel wants things to stay the way they are but those pesky palestinians just won't accept it and keep causing trouble. Israel will never be able to live in peace until the deep rooted problems are solved.

And so young IDFers are put in a position where mutiny is an option. Some have - to their credit - refused to brutalise Palestinians before. That needs to happen on a wider scale

Those who are already serving, are not going to refuse and be thrown into jail. They are now in a combat situation, and it would be unrealistic of you to expect them to suddenly drop their guns in the middle of an offensive.

You'd be better off asking those who don't wish to serve, to serve and then conduct a mutiny, however, you should know they too would be shot, because that's what happens in war. You are asking for martyrs (Now where have I seen that mentality before?) :hmm:

Better to get that border open with Egypt so the Gazans can get the hell out.

Aljazeera said:
[...] total death toll over four days to 88 people, at least a third of which have been children, according to medical sources.

Fifty-four people were killed during Saturday's raids alone.

Rana el-Hindi from Save the Children, speaking from inside the Gaza Strip, told Al Jazeera that children were suffering greatly from the Israeli bombardment.
"In the last three days at least 19 children have been killed ... it's a real concern for all organisations here," she said.

"Most of the time, when we go into the field and talk to the children about their fears and concerns, they are always afraid of a new [Israeli] invasion to the Gaza Strip - and obviously the current situation is just ... what they fear."

She said the number of children being hospitalised was increasing "day after day".

Eissam Younis, director of the Al Mizan Centre for Human Rights in Gaza, told Al Jazeera that the Israeli army was "intentionally and systematically targeting civilians" and criticised world powers for their muted response.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/0C8EBD66-032E-4470-82FB-005D6A2B5186.htm

That would be you promoting collective punishment, then?

A war crime, in other words?

Laptop - listen to this:

As the Palestinian Foreign minister, Riyad al-Malki, condemned both the Qassam attacks and the Israeli military actions, Nabil Abu Rdeineh, spokesman for the Palestinian President, Mahmoud Abbas, said yesterday's air strikes "meant only one thing: the Israeli government... aims to destroy the peace process".

As Rice said: "I am concerned about the humanitarian condition there and innocent people in Gaza being hurt. We have to remember that the Hamas activities are responsible for what has happened in Gaza."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ictims-of-israels-revenge-on-gaza-789359.html

Always making excuses - these Americans who armed the Fatah warlord to the teeth to use that warlord to overthrow a democratically elected government.

Killed while they played football, the child victims of Israel's revenge on Gaza

Four boys playing football have been killed in Gaza by Israeli air strikes, according to Palestinian officials, as Israel responded to the death of a man from a barrage of rocket attacks with a bloody escalation of violence.

Israelis killed those children, not the Hamas, Ms. Rice.

Like I said, although I don't want to take sides while both are intent on warfare, Israel has a track record of over-reacting like they did in the Lebanon. But if it's an American client state, it is expected of it to be the biggest bully in the playground and thus, to synchronise harsh foreign policies. Much like the UK does.

indeed.

i just find the whole thing so upsetting and painful.

god damn it, i want israel to be a country i can be proud of. yeah, israel's done a few good things but its just a few beacons of hope in amongst all the shit. i've never been to it and i've always wanted to go. i do feel israel's got a right to exist, but its only a very tenuous right, the whole history of israel is shrouded in controversy and its independence was basically an illegal act. my feelings change towards it all the fucking time.

i just dont know what to think about it any more, I dont want to hate Israel but I cant supprot what its doing. :(

That would be you promoting collective punishment, then?

A war crime, in other words?

this is a stupid question and i probably should know the answer, but does anyone know any palestinian medical organisations we can donate to?

somethings gotta be done. we cant do nothing while these people die ffs :(

Nah ... one person was killed by rockets, a few others injured, and this is just a "reprisal"??

Sorry mate but thats like someone shoving u in a queue and you taking out a hammer and hitting them over the head ... :mad:

The potential of each rocket is equal, chance alone dictates where it will fall.

Does all this war machinery really need to be fueled? Or will God fuel them, since he has blessed them so?

this has nothing to do with god, this has to do with arrogant pieces of shit who are convinced they are doing whats "right for Israel" and to hell with everyone else.

shame on them.
shame on us.

somethings gotta be done. we cant do nothing while these people die ffs :(

Agreed. People can sit on their comfy arses, waxing lyrical about how things got so bad as much as they like, or argue over who is most to blame until they're blue in the face, but that doesn't do anything to relieve the current situation.

Sending what little money I have to spare.

Like I said, although I don't want to take sides while both are intent on warfare, Israel has a track record of over-reacting like they did in the Lebanon. But if it's an American client state, it is expected of it to be the biggest bully in the playground and thus, to synchronise harsh foreign policies. Much like the UK does.

Really.

If France were to start dropping rockets on Kent, what would you consider a reasoned response? Asking them not to do it.

Israel, God care for her, is RESPONDING to people dropping thousands of rockets on her territory. We sent a task force thousands of miles for less than Israel has had to put up with.

Another point, seen the level of suicide bombings since the wall went up?

Back
Top Bottom