Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

Weirdly, I heard on TMS before, that Foakes is the only one of the team who doesn't play golf. So is a bit of an outsider. If that's the reason, then.. well..

I'm sure it's not that shallow in reality. I mean they did promise Bairstow his job back when he was fit.

But just sack Crawley and open up the space for Foakes again. It's insane.

Yes, Crawley is basically useless whereas both Bairstow and Foakes are useful. It seems a no-brainer

First hour critical tomorrow you’d think, get Khawaja out who is becoming a bit of a crab.

Anderson playing his last test?

one of the BBC comments at lunchtime was, presciently, that if England went 280 ahead and Aus were 100/2 at close, it would be Aus favourites but 100/3 would make England favourites

What’s up with Anderson? He looked right out of sorts. Commentators, said he looked grumpier than usual.

There's still a lot of whinging going on over at the Guardian comments bit. But seriously, does anyone remember when Kane Williamson declared and offered England a very gettable target and Dom fucking Sibley proceeded to block the game out? Today we had Joe Root trying to scoop the first ball of the day for six.

I know which I prefer. I hope they win but even if they don't it's fucking great.

What’s up with Anderson? He looked right out of sorts. Commentators, said he looked grumpier than usual.

He's been curiously low key. Doesn't help that he bowled a beauty to find Khawaja's edge and nobody tried to catch it.

Khawaja is a bit of an iffy starter then beds in. Got to take those.

There's still a lot of whinging going on over at the Guardian comments bit. But seriously, does anyone remember when Kane Williamson declared and offered England a very gettable target and Dom fucking Sibley proceeded to block the game out? Today we had Joe Root trying to scoop the first ball of the day for six.

I know which I prefer. I hope they win but even if they don't it's fucking great.
Yes that was a low point. Oddly it was root's decision not to go for it

Is this the worst weather forecast ever? Mine is roughly the same as for Edgbaston. Rain all morning, at least.

There's currently not a cloud in the sky and it hasn't rained overnight.

Hammering it down in Birmingham though according to the live report (or build up report to the live report at least).
20 miles away.

Hammered it down most of last night, and it's still going. Supposed to stop around 11, 11 30 - how fast the outfield can be dried is going to be key, but in my inexpert opinion we're looking at first session wiped out, early lunch, play by maybe 1 30, 2ish.

Back
Top Bottom