Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

The Hundred would be vastly improved if they got rid of those god awful graphics that they seem intent on not changing šŸ˜”

The Hundred would be vastly improved if they got rid of those god awful graphics that they seem intent on not changing šŸ˜”

It will only be improved when it is completely exterminated. I tuned in for a few minutes the other night. My fucking god it's terrible. Everything about it. The graphics yes, the uniforms, the commentators. It's like a parody.

The marketing people who 'invented' it have now left the ECB with nice payoffs and left young kids thinking that this is cricket.

If only it was the truly ā€œauthenticā€ IPL. With itā€™s classy ā€œgoldā€ outfits, fireworks and dancing girls.

tbf, that ball change was very very dodgy. I think the aussies still would have lost chasing 370 but I think they've got a case that that change (literally) swung things in England's favour.

The ball clearly was in better condition than the other one, but if Khawaja had managed not to be hit on the helmet, it wouldn't have been changed. So hey ho.

And it kept swinging so well that England never changed it again. If that swing was all down to the ball, you could also say that England were unlucky to get such a dud one first up.

It's just tough titties. All teams try to get the ball changed when it isn't doing anything.

Australia were never going to withdraw their appeal over the stumping, because it was something they actively performed. Theyā€™d spotted that Bairstow tended to end his over before it had been officially called and they took advantage of the fact. Itā€™s unsportsmanlike ā€” if they had a problem with his behaviour, they should just have requested that he stopped It. Itā€™s really not the spirit of the game that you find some loophole to get somebody out despite no actual skill being involved.
ā€¦ and, as predicted, Australiaā€™s legalistic approach to the letter of the laws was a part of and fed into the ongoing legalism of the game.

Is this really the cricket we want? Players out because they have a broken chinstrap and donā€™t get a new helmet brought out for them quickly enough?

Back
Top Bottom