Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wimbledon 2023

Women's final: I really like them both, and am greatly enjoying watching a pair of players who aren't just big hitters battle it out. But I sooooo want Ons Jabeur to win.

As usual, I have missed most of the tournament. Watching now, and yes Ons Jabeur for me too.

Watched Ons this time last week against Andreescu and she managed to up her game after a bad first set.

I like Vondrousova but it would be great if Jabeur won a slam on her third attempt.

Pleased for Marketa who won it by having the cooler head. Her husband looks about 16 :D

I hope Ons gets another chance. Maybe she can have a good run at the US Open.

Jabeur is going to feel like she blew it today. Vondrousova played a particular game style consistently and for most of the match, who won the games mostly seemed to depend on whether Jabeur was making or missing her winners. Maybe she would have been more comfortable against someone attacking her more? But well done to Vondrousova. She's totally entitled to play like that and set her opponent the challenge of coming out and beating her. The game plan worked.

Jabeur is going to feel like she blew it today. Vondrousova played a particular game style consistently and for most of the match, who won the games mostly seemed to depend on whether Jabeur was making or missing her winners. Maybe she would have been more comfortable against someone attacking her more? But well done to Vondrousova. She's totally entitled to play like that and set her opponent the challenge of coming out and beating her. The game plan worked.
Amazing considering a year ago she had a plaster cast around her wrist…

Urggh - that was horrible to watch. I'm sure Marketa deserved it. But not nice watching a player bottle it.

Reminded me abit of Novotna v Graf.

All the men in the crowd seem to be wearing shirts and jackets. Wimbledon mens final crowd seems very Brexit.

Djok appeared to be moaning about the lack of towels from the ballkids, something that hasn't happened since about March 2020 iirc!

Back
Top Bottom