Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2023 - 24

This thread reminded me of a rather mundane snooker adjacent anecdote

Some mates were in a bar in Truro of all places when someone came over and said they'd have to give up their table because "Virgo is coming."

In other news the seniors is on the telly this week. So far seen bits on ITV4 and Channel 5.

This thread reminded me of a rather mundane snooker adjacent anecdote

Some mates were in a bar in Truro of all places when someone came over and said they'd have to give up their table because "Virgo is coming."

In other news the seniors is on the telly this week. So far seen bits on ITV4 and Channel 5.

Oh - didn't know it was on ITV 4 as well - cheers for that! :thumbs:

My key exclamations before I gave up watching snooker on the regular were "Matthew Stevens, you stupid fucking bastard" and "Shaun fucking Murphy, for fucks sake," I doubt they'd become commentary catchphrases as one is nowhere and I'd have to work with the other one.

Not a catchphrase as such, but I remember Alan McManus commentating on O'Sullivan producing some kind of wonder shot a few years ago, and his reaction was just, "Stop it!".

"GET IN" would be tempting, and extremely annoying :thumbs: , every time the ball hit the leather at the back of the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom