Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cricket World Cup 2023

Ravindra is going to make soooooo much money in the IPL. 3 centuries so far in the WC, wickets, economy rate, handsome, only 23 years old, speaks Hindi... the lad is sorted

DLS system really isn't working. Hopefully won't matter today, but NZ could be 160-0 after 19 overs and it would be a no result. Or they could win the match by being 43-0 after 20 overs. In a chase of 172, that's just a quarter of the way there in terms of runs.

Some rules need to be introduced saying something like: if the chasing team isn't over half way towards their target, that team cannot be granted victory, even if DLS says they should and enough overs have been bowled. Added to that, if the chasing team is more than five wickets down, the defending team can be awarded victory regardless of the number of overs bowled, while if the chasing team is over half way to their target, they can be awarded victory regardless of the number of overs bowled.

It would be a bit convoluted to get it right, but any rule/law that allows for absurd anachronisms is a bad rule/law.

SL are nearly sunk from Champions Trophy. Losing not necessarily doom but being thrashed is. They will need both Ned and Bangladesh to lose and for Bangladesh to be spanked even more heavily than they are being spanked right now.

This is very good news for England. Realistically, Ned won't beat India, so England probably just need to avoid a total humiliation vs Pak to qualify for the CT.

Nasser talking about dew "coming down". Someone else was going on about it "falling" the other day too.

Thick cunts.

Gutted for Afghanistan, but at least losing today means that poor sod who dropped Maxwell won't get the blame for missing the semis. Definitely the team of the tournament, at least in a value added sense.

according to the guardian, Pakistan need 338 in 6.4 overs to qualify for the semi-finals.

I don't understand the maths well enough to know just how many they have to score / how fast to knock england out of 7th place

England finally remembered how to build a 50-over innings. In the last game. :facepalm:

tbh it's ridiculously obvious the main reason for their failure here. Most of their batters had barely played 50-over cricket in the last two to three years. They'd forgotten how to.

I think Steve Finn has been reading my posts.

The format of this tournament, with 10 teams, has meant that those amazing feats have been nullified and from at least halfway through the 45-game group phase, we have known who three of the semi-finalists would be. (All 4 actually Steve, you misread that one)

That is not right.

I think the format should be changed to 40 overs-a-side

He has a few other ideas too, which sound eminently sensible. Worth a 2 minute read.

Because this WC has been a failure. It changes or it dies.

Yeah he spoke about this on air.

I think bonus points are a good idea and I also like the idea of getting reverse swing back into the equation. Dew in India would have killed reverse, though, anyway.

Maybe 40 overs, yes. John Player League! One of the problems this WC has been that slow over rates have meant 4 hours in the field, which is a long time without a break.

My only criticism of Kohli is that he goes risk-free in the 90s. But what a player to have at number 3. Almost guarantees you runs.

Yeah he spoke about this on air.

I think bonus points are a good idea and I also like the idea of getting reverse swing back into the equation. Dew in India would have killed reverse, though, anyway.

Maybe 40 overs, yes. John Player League! One of the problems this WC has been that slow over rates have meant 4 hours in the field, which is a long time without a break.

This made me think about the Gillette Cup because I'm sure it was 60 overs. And it was. Except the first one which was 65 overs. Imagine any of that now. Potentially 120 (or 130 in the inaugural competition) overs in one day!

Meanwhile, another nail biter in India...

So sick of commentators saying 'the dew coming down'. It doesn't come down. It forms.

Anyway, NZ can do this.

So sick of commentators saying 'the dew coming down'. It doesn't come down. It forms.

Anyway, NZ can do this.

And there's the confirmation they won't, though I guess you have to get one right eventually :)

Tbf I was about to type we're entering 'surely not' territory. But the answer is still not. It needs Mitchell to almost emulate Maxwell, can't see it.

Back
Top Bottom