Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

I’m sure it was as I remembered the English red card in last years women's final.
Yes Lydia Thompson right at the beginning of the game. We forget about the women's game.
Foer example -most tries in a world cup. 15 for Brian Habana and Jonah, but ahem, Portia Woodman? 20 tries.

Wayne Barnes has made the World Cup final his last match as a referee. I saw his 100th test match last year in Cardiff - wales v New Zealand. Glad I got to see him referee once :)
Rumours are that he's put his plans to retire to Waikato on hold 😔

Go well, Wayne. Defo one of the good ones and refreshingly disinclined to make it all about him, unlike others I could mention

Do World Rugby put any pressure on refs to retire at any point? Owens was a little older when he gave up, as was Garcès. However Jonker is 55 and still going.

TMOs don’t have fitness tests I guess

In Barnes’s case he was refereeing at top level for a very long time and at 43/44? is probably about retirement age, he would have done the 2019 final if England hadn’t been in it.

I half thought he might have seen out the season in the premiership and would have liked to see him down at Sandy park, can’t blame him for quitting after the final though.

Back
Top Bottom