Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2023 - 24

Eight seeds out now. I think there is something in it that the qualifiers have an advantage in the first round by being match sharp. Definitely where the seeds are most vulnerable.

Ding vs Lisowski was good. Shame they had to meet in the first round. Ding played much better than others who have won. Ryan Day, for example. Hawkins crumbled tonight. That was some green, though, penultimate frame. Amazing shot.

Noises about leaving the Crucible after 2027. It is a unique venue. The crowd are right on top of the players like no other venue. Even just on the telly you can tell that it's a special atmosphere. Yes, it's too small. But that's part of what makes it great. Watching other venues, the crowd looks very disconnected from the action, like a football match where there's an athletics track. This is proper right on the touchline stuff.

Saudis getting involved in snooker now. :( Can only lead to bad things.

Typical crumble from Hawkins. If it wasn't for his brain not seemiing to manage longer matches I reckon he'd be a much bigger player than he is.

Feel like he needs a sport psychologist to really break the trend for him.

Missed yesterday because fuck all sleep followed by a 12 hour day :( just checking results and see ronnies flown out the blocks but no idea how Jackson Page has been playing (not a lot of table time going by the score)

Last edited:
Maguire v Murphy tomorrow afternoon, I'd like to watch that providing Maguire is on fire:cool:

I might see them again tomorrow morning depending on what table my seats are for.

Other match is Jones Si.

Milkins not looking good at all. He was rolling his shoulders and neck for the first three frames. But some of his misses were unforgiveable.

Got to see one frame of Jones Si also, which looks more evenly matched than the score suggests.

I didn't. Partly because I think people should be able to go about their business uninterrupted and partly because I am an introverts and could think of nothing worse than doing that.
I was joking, hence the grin :) I completely agree.

Eight seeds out now. I think there is something in it that the qualifiers have an advantage in the first round by being match sharp. Definitely where the seeds are most vulnerable.

Ding vs Lisowski was good. Shame they had to meet in the first round. Ding played much better than others who have won. Ryan Day, for example. Hawkins crumbled tonight. That was some green, though, penultimate frame. Amazing shot.

Noises about leaving the Crucible after 2027. It is a unique venue. The crowd are right on top of the players like no other venue. Even just on the telly you can tell that it's a special atmosphere. Yes, it's too small. But that's part of what makes it great. Watching other venues, the crowd looks very disconnected from the action, like a football match where there's an athletics track. This is proper right on the touchline stuff.

Saudis getting involved in snooker now. :( Can only lead to bad things.
When you watch the big darts tournaments, the people at the back cannot possibly see what is happening on the board. If you are so far away you need to watch it on a screen, you might as well be watching it at home more comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom