Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Snooker 2023 - 24

Starting now again. Yesterday's games weren't all that good tbh but difficult to start potting if you're only playing every other go, and as the commentators remarked the object balls were all over the place.

Oh good. Watched Carter gurn his way passed the lovely Hawk last night after a valiant comeback. His face seems to get more twisted the greater his powers...

I only saw a little of the afternoon session, but it looks like O'Sullivan hit a switch at 3-1 down and won the final four frames at a canter.

I'll settle in for the evening session in full.

Shame the evening session was a bit of a dud with Ronnie never really playing anywhere near his best, his effort in the second part of the morning session had suggested we might get a gripping conclusion to the match. Well done to Mark Williams.

Yeah, he pulled off frame-winning breaks where it didn't look on at all.

I think the WCs are the next televised event.

Here we go! Just catching a bit of Dave Gilbert Luca Brecel, good first session so far!

Might be visiting a mate in hospital over the weekend so if i do will probably have a slow wander down to the Crucible and take in some of the atmosphere afterwards :)

Trump looked reasonably good this afternoon, against a nervous-looking Vafaei.

Luca looked very good in parts, but I don't think he's consistent enough, or with enough good safety to pull off the title again.

Oh, and can the Beeb please get Dennis Taylor a microphone that doesn't pick him up breathing?

O'Conner playing really well against Selby early on :) and wouldn't have thought Zhang v Jak Jones would go like this :eek:

Currently cheering on Maguire versus that bellend Ali Carter.

I saw some of Brecel vs Gilbert as well. That green is going to haunt Brecel's nightmares. Love Vafaei but there was no way he was going to beat Trump.

ETA: how the actual fuck did Carter miss that red?!

I liked the interview O'Connor gave afterwards, I don't normally listen to them but quite entertaining.

Williams has gone too. That's a total of eight WCs out in the first round, with another eleven from O'Sullivan and Higgins still to play.

I missed Williams vs Si, unfortunately, but caught some of Wilson vs Dale. Milkins v Pang was boring as hell until the final frame when the milkman finally delivered.

Back
Top Bottom