Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

T20 Cricket World Cup

Just seen what's required..
They will need to achieve their target of 116 in 18.4 overs to better South Africa's Net Run Rate of 0.625 (they are currently 0.412) and guarantee a semi-final berth.

Just seen what's required..
They will need to achieve their target of 116 in 18.4 overs to better South Africa's Net Run Rate of 0.625 (they are currently 0.412) and guarantee a semi-final berth.
Not quite. They need to better whar SA nrr would be if they were to lose later in a super over. So a bit over 0.5

Quite enjoying the radio 5 coverage. American commentator enthusiastically remarks that George Washington had a house in Barbados and that there was a monument to him. English commentator meaningfully: "Yes, .. he did have a house in Barbados"
I might mute my Sky coverage and listen to this!
GW never had a house there.
Stayed in one - but doubtfully not the monument one - aged 19/20? (Him not the house)
I think it's a plaque the so called monument!

I might mute my Sky coverage and listen to this!
GW never had a house there.
Stayed in one - but doubtfully not the monument one - aged 19/20? (Him not the house)
I think it's a plaque the so called monument!
All the commentators have been really entertaining today. Don't know the names because I can't see them on the website but earlier there was an Indian sounding one who was utterly superb, woman who was doing well to keep up with him. Now a couple of English ones whose names I should know - one Aggers I think - and even an American whose enthusiasm somehow fitted perfectly.

England have ridden their luck. Need to win the whole thing to come out of this with a positive record against full members. Currently stands at pld 3 w 1 l 2.

USA got a bit of a nosebleed in the end.

The South African strip is quite bizarre. Looks like they've got the Jamaican flag on one shoulder and the gay rainbow flag on the other. Those two groups don't necessarily get on.

Yeah, Aus are in trouble. This could be a right thumping. All eyes on NRR. Afghanistan could potentially lose and still qualify.

Aus came back pretty well. Looks like a pitch for scoring with the new ball. Power play will be crucial. That Rohit Sharma innings feels like it will be the difference at the end of the match.

Aus need to be careful here. NRR matters. If they only score 150, say, or even 160, Afghanistan can pip them with a narrow defeat against Bangladesh. If Aus get close, Afghanistan will have to beat Bangladesh.

Just seen one of the craziest things ive ever seen in a cricket match. Rashid Khan hurling his bat at his partner because he didn't want to come back for a second. I thought he was one of the nice guys :D

For anyone who didn't watch the AFG / BAN match, there was some peak shithousery near the end when Trott signaled for AFG to slow things down as rain was coming, at which point the slip fielder collapsed to the ground and claimed a hamstring injury, even his own team mates were unimpressed.

The commentators absolutely pissed themselves :D

For anyone who didn't watch the AFG / BAN match, there was some peak shithousery near the end when Trott signaled for AFG to slow things down as rain was coming, at which point the slip fielder collapsed to the ground and claimed a hamstring injury, even his own team mates were unimpressed.

I was reading about that on the BBC live feed on the way to work :D

Apparently he hobbled off during a rain break to keep the facade going!

Don't know about that. This was Simon Doull at the time...

"It is unacceptable. They might have gone off anyway for the rain but that's not a good look. I know the Euros are going on in football, you'd be better off there."

Afghanistan shouldn't be anywhere near any of these tournaments anyway. If other sports are banning Russian athletes from everything then its quite grotesque that these guys are living it up in the Caribbean with the Taliban's full blessing. As for Trott and Bravo. Shameless.

Yes, I agree, Petcha. Until a time when, at the very least, there is such a thing as an Afghanistan women's team, they should be banned from international competition. Nothing against the players - many of their stories are wonderful - but if a country won't allow women to play, the ICC shouldn't allow their men to play.

Back
Top Bottom