Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

T20 Cricket World Cup

After being in deep trouble and one more shower away from going out, England are now in a very good position. Got to fancy them for the semis now.

Anyone know of any functioning streams? Quarantined in my bedroom with covid and bored of the football...

Football only pretends to be tactical and strategic. It's just people legging it up and down a field really.

Anyone know of any functioning streams? Quarantined in my bedroom with covid and bored of the football...

Football only pretends to be tactical and strategic. It's just people legging it up and down a field really.

I'm with ya. But god this tournament is dragging.

Hmm.. I've tried both of those and can't get past the endless pop ups, redirects and errors. I'm used to having to click past and clear a few, but in recent months these sites have got unusable for me. Even after all the clicks etc, I'm not getting anything.

I give up. I must have got refresh 20 times and closed 100 windows, and now I've got some fake anti virus pop ups that won't go away.

I still don't quite get the rules though. The third umpire said it was an 'umpire review' but the only reason they reviwed it was because de Kock asked for it to be reviewed. That's a player review surely?

Good game. England should still qualify if they beat the US. Bit of a worry losing games to the stronger teams, though. I think England will qualify for the semis. And that's where they will lose. If that happens victory over the West Indies will be their only win against a full member, set against three defeats. It will be a strange tournament in which they really did not do well at all but still reached the semis.

Conversely, SA could go out in the semis with a record of four wins against full members and one defeat. That would be very SA.

Is there video of this anywhere do we know? Perhaps just the final over and celebrations/commiserations? :)

Fucking hell I've never seen anything like that :eek: they were subliminal highlights with subliminal ads for pepsi and financial services thrown in.

It had to have been done by AI instructed to pick out any rapid movements nomatter what they were. Words of the commentary cut off because there was no more rapid action on the pitch. Repeating one-second clips of people getting out three times so you can't actually what happened rather than a three-second clip where you could have seen what happened. My eyeballs hurt and I have an overwhelming urge to invest in financial services :(

I was going to say I wish I'd seen some of the other game highlights but I don't think I do. Still worthwhile for the australian wickets and celebrations at the end, though. That was England level of competence. :thumbs:

No. Shocking display but just cos they were shocking. It's left Aus in a very awkward place, needing to beat India to qualify without Bangladesh doing them a favour.

Fair enough. It's been such a boring tournament, not been paying attention.

I gather England have been shit as well but somehow qualified for the next round. Has the ICC made a mess of the arrangements here?

Fair enough. It's been such a boring tournament, not been paying attention.

I gather England have been shit as well but somehow qualified for the next round. Has the ICC made a mess of the arrangements here?
Other than scheduling matches in the rainy season, no. England have been lucky so far, will definitely qualify today if they beat USA by more than 9 runs.

They've been a bit random with their reserve days, too. There is one for the final and the first semi, but not the second semi. Hopefully won't matter.

England win toss and will bowl against USA
Begins at 3.30...

England​

• Phil Salt
  • Jos Buttler (c), Captain (wk), Wicket Keeper
  • Jonny Bairstow
  • Harry Brook
  • Moeen Ali
  • Liam Livingstone
  • Sam Curran
  • Adil Rashid
  • Chris Jordan
  • Jofra Archer
  • Reece Topley

I don't understand why the USA are playing games outside the USA. Surely the point of them hosting it is to promote the game in the US.

Quite enjoying the radio 5 coverage. American commentator enthusiastically remarks that George Washington had a house in Barbados and that there was a monument to him. English commentator meaningfully: "Yes, .. he did have a house in Barbados"

I don't understand why the USA are playing games outside the USA. Surely the point of them hosting it is to promote the game in the US.

all the second round / super 8 (or whatever the heck it's called) matches, the semi-finals and final are being held in the west indies - presume that was decided before anyone knew if USA would qualify for the second round...

Back
Top Bottom