Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rugby World Cup 2023

A good but not great game to finish an ok World Cup. They deffo need to sort out the groups next time.

If Cane's was a red then why the fuck wasn't St Kalis's not? Hmm.
He made an effort to make a legal tackle, bending at the hip, and failed (but only just). Dangerous but not reckless.

Cane was dangerous and reckless, making no real attempt to make a legal tackle despite a clear line of sight.

Seriously, this isn't hard. I'm no rugby expert and I instantly said of the first one 'red' and the second 'yellow'.

also he had time to see he was not going to be able to tackle safely but still went for it
Yep. That's crucial - the 'clear line of sight' bit. For me it was a clear red and I'm glad it was given.

I actually feel a bit sorry for NZ because for me they were the ones trying to play. SA were never going to get a try, even with a man advantage. Two missed kicks decided it. That conversion was the killer. He'll feel shit about that. Not quite 'poor lad' territory, but I'm sure he would expect to get that more often than not.

Noticed at the presentation just before the trophy was lifted, the SA director of rugby Rassie Erasmus was standing right at the back, just watching.

Then as the players celebrate with the trophy him and head coach Nienaber go and embrace. As a coaching team they have been so innovative and have got the most out of their squad. Nienaber is off to coach Leinster I think

Just on the 'yellow pending decision on red' innovation, I think it's worked really well. Must be shite for the player sat there awaiting the judgement, but that said, they'll know. Cane will have known he was for it. I was sceptical about the idea that rugby was taking head impacts seriously, but they really are. Will it be enough? I don't know. But the effort to improve safety is genuine.

Noticed at the presentation just before the trophy was lifted, the SA director of rugby Rassie Erasmus was standing right at the back, just watching.

Then as the players celebrate with the trophy him and head coach Nienaber go and embrace. As a coaching team they have been so innovative and have got the most out of their squad. Nienaber is off to coach Leinster I think
Yeah Matt Williams used his column in the Irish Times today to celebrate the innovation but moan about spirit of it. I’m not sure if the SA model will take off. Tbh rugby feels at a crossroads unfortunately I think the kicking /defensive game will continue to dominate.

Yeah Matt Williams used his column in the Irish Times today to celebrate the innovation but moan about spirit of it. I’m not sure if the SA model will take off. Tbh rugby feels at a crossroads unfortunately I think the kicking /defensive game will continue to dominate.
Am inclined to agree.

England clearly want to play that way, and I can see why given the better attacking teams were blunted by it (albeit it in close games) and to some extent both Ireland and France tried to play a bit too much in the QFs.

Another boring kickfest from the Southern Hemisphere 😴. Meh.

All Black's seemed not to want it until the final 20 mind. Pleased for Kolisi.

Ironic that the red was given for the high hit on Kriel. If his own high, head on head, hit v Scotland had been picked up & shown the red card it deserved the Boks could well have lost that & not even made it out the group. But heyho such is life.

Couldn't watch last night so just have.

Match for the purists I reckon, I bloody loved it. Loads of drama, outstanding officiating, huge second half from NZ, but grit up to the eyes from SA (and Kolbe literally hiding his face for last 8 :D)

Du Toit was fucking immense. 80 minutes of hit after hit after hit, what an athlete.

Oh, also not the first red card in a RWC :mad: Fucking annoys me that sort of thing, like RWC 2021 never happened, fucking piss poor

For the sake of rugby I really hope the All Blacks win this. That's absurd you can be sent off for what is what I always believed was a totally reasonable tackle when I was playing. WTF..

I think what astounds me about your posting isn't what you say - it's so predictable as to be laughable - it's the fact that you continue to do it in the face of absolutely zero engagement from anyone else except to disagree with you. The level of utter self-delusion that you display is, frankly, alarming. Like actually something wrong with you levels. You are beyond just being a cunt, you need actual help.

Kudos to Mr Retro for skewering it so perfectly.

Last edited:
No, they mentioned it was the first red card in a men's final, even mentioned it was an England player sent off in 21?

Was that in the half time break? No mention of it by the commentary team at all, that I heard. Just several times repeated "first red card in a RWC final'

Back
Top Bottom