Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

They'll get a lead of 250 at least. But yeh, they're gonna need a new spinner for the second test. There has to be another one somewhere. Bit of a kick in the teeth to the county game (which I don't follow) that they've pulled an old warhorse out of the T20 circus anyway. In saying that Liam Livingstone isn't the worst and can smash runs at 150.

Man for man, Australia is by far the better side. The only thing keeping England slightly ahead or even in this game is Stokes' tactics. Only Root would challenge for a place for the Aussies.

I'm sick of the word Bazball too. Getting very grating.

you can't argue with Root's stats, especially after Baz, but that was a pretty poor wicket to give away in terms of both the shot and the timing.

you can't argue with Root's stats, especially after Baz, but that was a pretty poor wicket to give away in terms of both the shot and the timing.

The point of bazball is that there are no poor shots, we dont care if you get out playing a stupid shot, the next guy will come in and do the same and it might come off, if not, who cares. You can see it fucking with the Aussies' minds which is quite enjoyable.

The point of bazball is that there are no poor shots, we dont care if you get out playing a stupid shot, the next guy will come in and do the same and it might come off, if not, who cares. You can see it fucking with the Aussies' minds which is quite enjoyable.

yeah, good for him. but for the rest of us, and for me, there are bad shots - and that was one.

This is a remarkable game. I mean, I’ve got used to saying that with England. But it is a remarkable game. 273 and not a single fifty in there

It feels completely 50/50 to me. No idea who is going to win. (Could even be a draw if tomorrow is a wash out!)

10 wickets in 4 sessions, possible.
281 runs in 4 sessions, possible.
280 runs in 4 sessions, possible.
Fewer than 280 runs but fewer than 10 wickets - with rain around tomorrow, possible.

Say no to 4 day Tests.

It won't be a draw. They've got a long session tonight plus whatever overs are left tomorrow after the rain will have to be bowled even if they're there till 8pm, which at this time of year is no problem if the skies have cleared.

Doesn’t look like they’ll get going before midday tomorrow but it’s currently predicting no rain after that. If that remains the case, they’ll have plenty of time. Who knows, though, where weather is concerned?

I mean I suppose a lot of people were predicting he would declare at 280 anyway. But, no, can't see this happening. If Mo was fit then yes, but without him, no. Quite irresponsible of him really to sign up for this knowing he was carrying an injury.

I mean I suppose a lot of people were predicting he would declare at 280 anyway. But, no, can't see this happening. If Mo was fit then yes, but without him, no. Quite irresponsible of him really to sign up for this knowing he was carrying an injury.

What injury was he carrying? He's fucked his spinning finger after being asked to bowl 33 overs in his first red ball game for 2 years.

What injury was he carrying? He's fucked his spinning finger after being asked to bowl 33 overs in his first red ball game for 2 years.

He's been fined 25% of his match fee for self-medicating on the boundary on his finger. Which would suggest he had a few concerns.

Back
Top Bottom