Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

If you're going to bring on someone bowling village cricket level shite as first change with a new ball on the second day of the first test of the Ashes which even the batsman and the keeper were giggling about together then we're already through the looking glass.
Bit of trolling. Smith's been out a couple of times for Sussex to medium-pacers, by all accounts to shocking lbw decisions. Stokes was playing with that. It was one over. No harm done.

I didn't mind that. The declaration last night was the problem. I still think that could come back to bite them. 450+ was a good total on this pitch, not 393.

I wonder if we’ve just witnessed Jimmy Anderson deciding he’s had enough. He’s started chatting about not hanging around too long.

We can’t have Foakes as Key wasn’t going to change the openers (read drop Crawley).

We’ve got shit wickets our key bowlers are struggling on because Crawley can’t defend.

I wonder what first attracted Rob Key to the son a multi-millionaire.

We can’t have Foakes as Key wasn’t going to change the openers (read drop Crawley).

We’ve got shit wickets our key bowlers are struggling on because Crawley can’t defend.

I wonder what first attracted Rob Key to the son a multi-millionaire.

I mean Crawley did actually play very well. Not really an opener's innings but the runs are still on the board.

Crawley looked good when he was hitting it, no doubt. But he always does. And that 61 contained the usual two dollops of luck. He nicked one the Aussies never appealed for. He got another that came off his pad, thigh and missed the off stump by a centimetre. He's just a bazball Rory Burns, reliant on good pitches and luck.

If Mo’s finger is fucked, Rehan Ahmed can slot right back in.

Drop Robinson if he can’t be arsed to be fit. Bring Wood back.

Drop Crawley, stick Brook in his place. Baistow in Brook’s and let’s have Foakes.

If only we hadn’t gone from 393-8 to 393 all out, we might still have had a chance at a first innings lead. Ah well, sometimes wickets fall cheaply, I guess. It’s not like the batsmen were well set and scoring easily by that point.

Two dropped catches and a missed stumping from the keeper plus the wicket off a no-ball. England should have 10 wickets already. Frustrating.

Yeah this side, playing with these 'tactics' are on the cusp of falling apart and being battered. But no doubt we still have the possibility of individual brilliance to keep us going. That's the magic of it all I guess.

So both teams roughly equal, one team taking 78 overs to get them, the other 116 overs. So England have scored their runs about 50% quicker.

To win you need to take 20 wickets so England’s strategy basically buys themselves extra hours in the field.

Back
Top Bottom