Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

I keep doubting Stokes. But again and again he's right. Ali getting tonked all over the show. Any other captain would put the field back. Not Stokes, kept them up.

So glad Moeen got that.

Am listening to it and got an image with all the positions on because I've not followed for ages and the commentary is usually quite precise. I'd always assumed that "Slogged into cow corner" meant given a good old heave in any particular direction, I hadn't realized that Cow Corner is the proper name for between deep mid-wicket and long on

Am listening to it and got an image with all the positions on because I've not followed for ages and the commentary is usually quite precise. I'd always assumed that "Slogged into cow corner" meant given a good old heave in any particular direction, I hadn't realized that Cow Corner is the proper name for between deep mid-wicket and long on :D

hope they illustrate it with a 🐮 on the fielding diagram

:p

During the depths of England cricket performance a couple of decades ago Private Eye had a cartoon labelling the fielding positions with one in the outfield being "Gooch's Gloomy Place" with (as I recall) a little grey donkey with a little umbrella being rained on.

Stokes is grimacing in pain after every ball and bowling no-balls and pies. And isn't scoring runs. Surely sense has to prevail.

Has there even a player kept in a side of purely on his charisma/leadership?

Stokes is grimacing in pain after every ball and bowling no-balls and pies. And isn't scoring runs. Surely sense has to prevail.

Mike Brierley. Well, the leadership.

Your glass is never just half empty. It's usually got a turd floating in it too:D

He's a fantastic captain but hell if he can't bat, bowl, run or catch then surely they could just put an earpiece into Pope's ear and plant Stokes in a van somewhere passing on field placements

He would. But how would you fit him into the side?
I dunno. Short answer is that they won't. My guess is that, barring injury, the top eight will remain unchanged for the whole series.

Broad was great today. Moeen was decent and a bit unlucky. Anderson and Robinson were underwhelming. Robinson in particular needs to be operating over 80 mph. He doesn't get much above 82-83, but he needs to be up there all the time. Bit concerning.

No. Drop Stokes for Wood. That's Bazball. Totally nuts. But why not.

If you're going to bring on someone bowling village cricket level shite as first change with a new ball on the second day of the first test of the Ashes which even the batsman and the keeper were giggling about together then we're already through the looking glass.

Wood for Stokes. I'm calling it.

Oh, and the student couch that Baz was lounging about on all afternoon on the pavilion terrace. Nobody? I mean. I'd love it if he brought that down to Lord's.

Back
Top Bottom