Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

Crawley's middling everything so far. Even his forward defensives.

But this pitch is ridiculous. Has draw written all over it.

Crawley's middling everything so far. Even his forward defensives.

But this pitch is ridiculous. Has draw written all over it.

Depends how the wicket deteriorates. Think of the foot marks Mo could take advantage of in the 2nd Aussie innings.

Crawley with a 50 in the Ashes? Truly, these are the end times

Well a cracking cover drive off the very delivery from the Aussie captain too. I suppose he would never have tried that if he'd been assured he wouldn't be dropped even if he got a pair. So maybe Baz/Stokes got it right.

There's very little chance of it being a draw from what I can see. You'd need full days washed out for that to come into play and there's no sign of that.

Why? England will bat for the best part of 2 days. Australia will do the same (or more). With a small lead. It's gonna be a stalemate. Unless Stokes goes for a bonkers declaration on day 5.

I don't mind declaring to save Jimmy from facing, but I'd have kept swinging for a couple of more overs at least or the next wicket to fall. That's not a big score on this pitch.

I guess you could argue that we need the wickets more than the runs (esp on this pitch, now we are in this position). And saves Jimmy bothering his pads.

Yep, that seems like a very odd decision. I mean, isn't the idea to, erm, make a lot of runs.... erm, against the best side in the world?

I think Aus will be relatively happy with that day's play. We'll see how they bat tomorrow, but I make it roughly honours even.

Six overs lost from the game. But Bazball means that three sessions are effectively four. Only rain will make this game a draw.

Back
Top Bottom