Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

Yeah it's a shame we couldn't have somehow got another 50 runs in the 1st innings.

On reflection, I suppose that declaration must have confused the fuck out of the Aussies and put it in the back of their minds that Stokes is basically insane and fucked up all their plans so that is one benefit. See Harry Brook as first change too. And that field.

Stop your fucking whinging the lot of you :p

No. :p

It was a bad decision that may well cost the game. Being brilliant, as Stokes has been, doesn't make you immune.

The people who really need to apologize for whinging on here are those having a go at Robinson. 69 wickets in 16 and a half games at 21. Wtf more does he have to do? It's a slow pitch. But he's invaluable as a wicket taker in general, and is especially good at getting the tail out.

It's not luck.

What a micro session that was for Australia.

‘If’ we had batted out the first day we ‘might’ have been bowling now instead of them

Keep going England. Prove these negative fuckers wrong. Come back out, get a lead of 350 by tea tomorrow, declare, and knock the fuckers over. And hopefully give Boycott a coronary in the process.

Keep going England. Prove these negative fuckers wrong. Come back out, get a lead of 350 by tea tomorrow, declare, and knock the fuckers over. And hopefully give Boycott a coronary in the process.
Good to see you've finally drunk the cool aid. Welcome.

Just saw this on the guardian's over by over thingy:

“The problem I have with that passage of play isn’t that they carried on in gloomy conditions,” says Andrew Moore, “but I didn’t see the umpires take a light reading. This could be controversial if light intervenes on Monday in better conditions than they just played in. Hopefully won’t come to that.”

I didn’t see it either but they will surely have done so. Right?

'Don't moan and get on with it' is of course the way to go, but if true it might well have been an umpiring blunder. Certainly looked pretty dark.

Point about the declaration is that runs were coming easily at that point. Turn those easy runs down at your peril. Runs were anything but easy today and of course England got unlucky with that gloomy mini session. But shit happens, which is why you need to make the most of it when the going's good.

But onwards we go. Game is still bang in the balance.

The people who really need to apologize for whinging on here are those having a go at Robinson. 69 wickets in 16 and a half games at 21. Wtf more does he have to do? l

Not bowl at 78mph.
Put the tabs out.
Knock drinking Stella on the head.
Give kebabs a miss.
Stop being a racist cunt.

That's going to be a bit difficult for him seeing as the evidence for his being a racist cunt is presumably those tweets from a decade ago.

The problem is his behaviour is going to have a question mark over it. See yesterday when he got Khawaja out. Why such invective for the muslim Asian player?

I am having a bit of a quiet spell at work and thought I'd try and get into cricket this ashes, never been interested before. I think I picked a good start!

Assuming 3, 3 1/2 sessions for Australia to bat (possibly weather reduced tomorrow) and a carrot dangled to stop them batting for time; what score makes England favourites? 250? 275? 300?

At current rates, England could be past those by tea.

Note Moeen will not be able to bowl/bowl well.

So, it’ll rely on the 4 seamers and Root.

350 would be sensible. Sense, may not come into it.

There's every chance we're talking about a score posted rather than a declaration - the score is ticking along at a fair old rate but wickets are falling.

Brook, Stokes, Bairstow, Moeen have the task of putting on at least another 125 so the tail can swing a bat to score quickly without worrying about how many are on the board. Not that anyone in the top order was hanging around...

The problem is his behaviour is going to have a question mark over it. See yesterday when he got Khawaja out. Why such invective for the muslim Asian player?

It wasn't because he's muslim it's because it's the Ashes, he'd pissed England off by playing so well. No professional sport is a tea dance these days. I've been called a fucking prick on a bowling green because I'm playing well. ALL sport has changed. Sport isn't 'sporting' anymore and hasn't been for ages.

Also, the Aussies have said they haven't a problem with it, probably because they know they give it back just as well.

It wasn't because he's muslim it's because it's the Ashes, he'd pissed England off by playing so well.
You’re repeating what Robinson said in the press conference, without any analysis.

No other England player abused Khawaja. Root even shook his hand.

Australians are there to fight, I don’t have a problem with the occasional frank exchange of views. However, Robinson has history.

I suppose 'Bazballl' (I'm coming to hate that word) has got England to where they are now and you probably have to take it warts and all. Same time, you just wonder whether they could modify that wee bit. At least 3 England batters have been out charging the bowler... and then there was the... declaration. Without Moen, they are certainly going to need 300+ and I have a suspicion they won't get it.

Back
Top Bottom