30 May: Dissolution of Parliament
31 May: Receipt of writ
4 June: Notice of election
7 June: Deadline for nomination papers, appointment of election agent etc
18 June: Latest date for registering to vote
19 June: Last date for Postal Vote application
26 June: Last date for Proxy vote applications
4 July: Polling day
Is 7th june the date the candidate lists are published?

It is a possibility though it would torpedo the Party for good. Maybe that's what they want, to avoid the fate of their Canadian counterparts and just go for the splitting up now.

It would be self centered beyond all measure to try and overrule your own Prime Minister, instigate a leadership election and not have a general election after all

This is what I was thinking. Why go to all the bother build a press briefing room complete with proper acoustics and lighting and all that shit and then choose to stand out in the rain and get drowned out in noise. I mean any idiot PA could’ve told him that.

They are such fuckwits.
Tbf, there was quite a loud PA trying to get his attention, or distract everyone else's, for pretty much the entire duration of his speech.

It is a possibility though it would torpedo the Party for good. Maybe that's what they want, to avoid the fate of their Canadian counterparts and just go for the splitting up now.

It would be self centered beyond all measure to try and overrule your own Prime Minister, instigate a leadership election and not have a general election after all
I doubt every tory mp would be on board for that (even if many of them are pissed off with sunak for calling it). I suspect the wine is talking here :)

please please please please please let them try.

Must admit I was surprised the election's been called so early. I was assuming that he'd hang on in the sure and certain knowledge that, given time, Starmer or Labour would do something so despicable that they'd screw their chances.

I don't want to use a day's holiday for this in July (prolly wouldn't get it approved anyhoo) - I've already got two weeks off for the Olympics. I'm gonna have to pull an all-nighter and then go to work :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom