Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Check in when you have voted in the 2024 general election

Have you voted yet?

• Yes, postally

• Yes, in person

• No, not yet - I will change my answer when I do

• I will not be voting in this election

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm similar, though haven't voted in all of 'em. Phew, we've really taken the power back!
The first GE I voted in was 1979 that brought Maggie T to power. My girlfriend at the time was a fiery short tempered redhead who would have regarded even the most left wing of urbs as wishy washy liberals.
We watched Maggie's campaign on the telly at her parents house and she was screaming abuse at the telly.

Bit more than that, I'm 66 and have voted in 12 GE's and 3 referendums but it's not a lot really is it?
I have voted at every election that was eligible for if I was in England at the time. And not once has my vote elected anybody or won a referendum. I lived in hard-core labour areas for most of my life, I vote green and I voted yes for AV and no for Brexit. I have never elected anything - 60 years old.

Done this afternoon.

Green to try and get the Tories out of my part of Herefordshire.

Dunno if you've seen it, bit the MRP polls are talking about a switch - it was always N Herefordshire that was going to go green, but now they're talking about West Worcestershire.

WW was always a bit green, but it seems weird.

I have voted at every election that was eligible for if I was in England at the time. And not once has my vote elected anybody or won a referendum. I lived in hard-core labour areas for most of my life, I vote green and I voted yes for AV and no for Brexit. I have never elected anything - 60 years old.
Neither have I to be honest, I've always lived in safe Labour areas or safe Tory ones up until now, currently I live in Derbyshire Dales (Tory - Sarah Dines) apparently Labour have a 65% chance of taking it so maybe this will be the first time my vote will make a difference.

Barring a surprisingly strong showing for feinstein were stuck with the twat
The one poll I have seen for Starmer personally showed Feinstein bumping along on just about keeping his deposit territory. I expect Starmer's personal vote will go up this time, people like to be on the winning side and bar personal involvement by the Almighty, Sir Keir the Beige will be PM before this time tomorrow.

My son and our soon-to-be daughter-in-law have dropped round, they voted after Son picked her up from work and the polling station was heaving apparently. Pollyanna was still wearing her nurse's uniform so she felt obliged to scowl at the Tory teller outside the polling station. Pollyanna is far too good a person and far too pretty to be an effective scowler but I told her it was the thought that counts.

Dunno if you've seen it, bit the MRP polls are talking about a switch - it was always N Herefordshire that was going to go green, but now they're talking about West Worcestershire.

WW was always a bit green, but it seems weird.
The candidate (Ellie Chowns) is quite a well liked local councillor. There's green signs everywhere, including outside farms (the incumbent Tory has a farm and its a pretty rural county), so for farmers to come out for green is kind of shocking (in a good way).

Finished earlier at my cat volunteering place. Swung by home to pick up Mrs Voltz and we then both performed our civic duty

Now we sit and wait

Anything but a Tory and I'll be "happy". Most likely a Lib Dem - it's a start

I have voted, like a bad anarchist. I’ll be getting PMs revoking support.
Never mind revoking support, we want our bloody honeymoon gift back now! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Have also voted (Green), think this is the second time I've actually voted rather than spoilt my ballot, definitely the first time in a long while. The weather was fine all day but absolutely pissed it down for the few minutes it took to walk to the polling station and back, clearly God does not approve of people compromising on their anarchist principles.

Never mind revoking support, we want our bloody honeymoon gift back now! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Have also voted (Green), think this is the second time I've actually voted rather than spoilt my ballot, definitely the first time in a long while. The weather was fine all day but absolutely pissed it down for the few minutes it took to walk to the polling station and back, clearly God does not approve of people compromising on their anarchist principles.
Must admit, I've been going round all hunched shoulders today, waiting for the inevitable lightening bolt.

Back
Top Bottom