Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm on ur boardz, wasting ur 2024 election bandwidthz

ruined-this-country-i-say-v0-z1iw033yimad1.jpeg

Bromley-by-bow is in Tower Hamlets which was won by Labour I think you'll find.

:confused:

i'm probably missing the joke here, but bromley football club and the bromley + biggin hill constituency are the bromley that's south of catford on the A20, that is postally still in kent but has reluctantly been a london borough since they buggered about with it in the 1960s

That prompted me to go and have a look at the meltdown in the real Telegraph.

This is quite something! Remembering a past that even if it was true she is far too young to remember.

Utterly bonkers.

The Reform vote is a testimony to a different memory of Britain – when children could play in streets in security and freedom and there was a well-turned-out policeman on every street corner. Now, the police are only seen knocking on people’s doors about thought crimes.
People are in mourning and only Reform has publicly recognised that something – many things – have been lost. The one who votes Reform is the one who stares down at the paper which totals their National Insurance deductions and their eyes glaze over as they recall a history when Christian charity nursed and educated the masses, and when hard work begot food and dignity, and when litter did not fringe the grass verges.

The Reform vote is a testimony to a different memory of Britain – when children could play in streets in security and freedom and there was a well-turned-out policeman on every street corner. Now, the police are only seen knocking on people’s doors about thought crimes.
People are in mourning and only Reform has publicly recognised that something – many things – have been lost. The one who votes Reform is the one who stares down at the paper which totals their National Insurance deductions and their eyes glaze over as they recall a history when Christian charity nursed and educated the masses, and when hard work begot food and dignity, and when litter did not fringe the grass verges.
Ah so we lament the days where people had to go cap in hand with no dignity and beg scraps from their betters who could bask in their Godly generosity from their gilded thrones.

Far be it for the people to band together in society to create a system where the workers earn enough to put aside money for each other (who have need) that can be claimed as a right rather than favour from the wealthy.

That prompted me to go and have a look at the meltdown in the real Telegraph.

This is quite something! Remembering a past that even if it was true she is far too young to remember.

Utterly bonkers.

With a name like Charlie Bentley-Astor, they were pretty much guaranteed a job writing for the Telegraph...

...as hitmouse has already pointed out

Tell me the only history you’ve seen is Downton Abbey without telling me that’s the only history you’ve seen

Untitled design.png.jpegIMG_4344.jpegIMG_4341.jpegIMG_4345.jpegIMG_4343.jpegIMG_4342.jpeg

Ah, the good old days.

Ah so we lament the days where people had to go cap in hand with no dignity and beg scraps from their betters who could bask in their Godly generosity from their gilded thrones.

Far be it for the people to band together in society to create a system where the workers earn enough to put aside money for each other (who have need) that can be claimed as a right rather than favour from the wealthy.
Of all the "newfangled woke nonsense" that someone could pick to complain about, I would not have guessed that National Insurance would be so high up the list. CBA apparently nostalgic for the good old days that ended in 1911. Shakes fist angrily at David Lloyd George.

Back
Top Bottom